“Dirty Hotel -- Room 224”

Suites at Northshore
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Hartford, Connecticut
“Dirty Hotel -- Room 224”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I am currently staying at the hotel and just finished reading the review from Tinade41. She was clearly staying in the same room as I am. All of the statements and pictures are accurate. It is very disappointing to see that these concerns were pointed out to the hotel staff but were not addressed. The room is still in the condition described. I wish I had read these reviews before checking-in. Definitely not up to the standards one would expect at a Marriott.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jack G
Leanne B, Manager at Suites at Northshore, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Jack,

I am sorry we have not been able to meet your expections during your stay with us. We do our best to always provide excellant service as well as a clean and inviting environment. However, this time we have fallen short of even our own expectations. We will do our best to correct these issues right away and if you would also like to contact me about your concerns I would be happy to discuss this matter with you further. - Leanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was very disappointed to see the Trip Advisor sticker on their front door because I would not recommend this property due to the rooms alone. Front desk staff were friendly but the rooms are so dirty (will post photos). I stayed in their Penthouse I believe rm# 224. It looked like a party happened and the staff did not clean up properly. There was food on the walls and stove. The bathroom had what appeared to be nail polish on the door frame and cabinets. The shower head was very dirty and missing grout on the bathroom tiles made it very unsafe (tiles moved). There was also a "hole" right in the middle of the living room area. Almost looked like an old vent that they just covered with a piece of carpet. Upon checkout I shared this information and photos with the front desk person. She was upset about the cleanliness and got the manager. The manager didn't seem as concerned. I received no apologies about the room appearance or reassurance that she would talk to house keeping instead she stated that they knew about the tiles being loose and they are planning a renovation. So she knew it was unsafe and yet felt it was OK for people to stay in the room. The front desk person obviously cared more than the manger. Staff and breakfast were good. Room and lack of care by the management will keep me from coming back or referring this property to others.

Room Tip: I would ask to view the room first before checking in as the housekeeping staff is not thorough and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Leanne B, Manager at Suites at Northshore, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Tinade41,

I do apologize that we were not able to meet our brand standards during your stay and that your expectations were disappointed by the many flaws stated in your review. We do our best to try to maintain a professional, friendly, and clean atmosphere. Unfortunately, we fell short this time during your stay. I would be happy to discuss this matter further if you would like to reach out to me directly at the hotel. - Leanne

Travelers are raving about these Glendale hotels

Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We are staying here for about 10 days while our house is being remodeled. I knew the hotel was old and needed updating. What I did not know was in what bad shape it really was. Its just dirty and makes me lose my appetite. I can't even eat in the room, even though there is a kitchen. There are crumbs all over the place- not our crumbs, tile is all cracked, everything is broken, furniture is dirty and has holes in it. Curtains are torn, wallpaper and walls are in bad shape. The siding is falling off and the door barely opens. Walls are in horrible shape with dents and holes, windows are super dirty. We have been here 6 days and I don't think our room has really been cleaned once. They made the bed downstairs haphazardly, didn't make the one upstairs. Haven't cleaned our bathroom. I'm looking forward to the day we can go back home. The staff though, is the most friendly outstanding group of people! There is a full breakfast- anything you can imagine! Dinner 4 nights a week with a salad bar and warm dessert each night. Tonight there was a home made vegetable soup that was outstanding. The staff has been more than welcoming since we first walked in.

Room Tip: I gave Service 4 stars because the cleaning crew is a -1 and everyone else is a 10.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Erin S,

I sincerely apologize that you did not have a satisfactory stay and we fell short of your expectations and our own. We indeed are an older property and are working on getting some renovations soon. However, these minor renovations that are needed should not undermine our ability to still provide a clean and hospitable environment to every guest that stays with us. I have had a meeting with our housekeeping department to make sure these mistakes do not take place again. I would be happy to discuss this matter further if you would like to reach out to me directly at the hotel. -Leanne
Lincolnshire, Illinois
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We recently stayed here for a wedding weekend, and was quite disappointed. While the room was spacious and included a kitchenette, and sleeper sofa, it was quite dirty! Construction dust in corners, torn bedskirt, peeling wallpaper, scraps of food on the floor from the previous guest, etc. I wouldn't come back and there has to be some better options in the area. The price was not cheap either even though it was booked as a block of rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Leanne B, Manager at Suites at Northshore, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am sorry our hotel was not able to meet your expectations. We strive to provide cleanliness as well as excellant service. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include Marriott. -Leanne
Tucson
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Have stayed here many times. Each time, the staff has been exceptional, especially Cathy S., Front Desk Supervisor. Some things need to be repaired/updated but the good far outweighs the bad. We like the location/neighborhood. Food is above average at breakfast and dinner (during the week).

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again sometime. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff. -Leanne
Stoughton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Maybe it's because we always stay here over the winter holidays, however the Residence Inn Glendale always is warm and welcoming, both the staff and the rooms. The area is very quiet and we always sleep good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Leanne B, Manager at Suites at Northshore, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to fill out a response on Tripadvisor. It is always wonderful to hear great comments about our staff and hotel . We look forward to the next time you stay with us. - Leanne
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I reviewed this hotel back in June. I thought I would give them a second chance to see if there had been any improvement since my last stay.

The check in was was smooth. Person at desk very friendly. Mentioned several times if she can help me in any way she wanted to know. When I made reservations I asked about the out door pool whether it would be open after Labor Day especially since the weather had been in the 90's. The comment I received is the pool would remain open as long as the weather was warm. The pool was closed when we checked in. I was told it closes the day after Labor Day, weather is not a factor. Lack of communication between staff.

The room was in a much better condition than the room we had the previous time. The air freshener is so over powering it is like they are really trying hard to cover something up!

Later that evening I noticed we did not have a hairdryer. I went to the front desk to inquire about one. A different lady now working the front desk. She was ride, said they were completely sold out and no she could not get me a hair dryer. It was though I was asking for a free room. The next morning my husband went to the front desk. Different person was working. She was so nice and went out of her way to help track down a hair dryer.

I don't know if we will return to the hotel or not. Might wait a few months or try something else in the area to see how they stack up against one another.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Leanne B, Manager at Suites at Northshore, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Reader1957, Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include Marriott. - Leanne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Bayshore Area
Manchester East
Manchester East
#4 of 6 in Glendale
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Glendale Hampton Ave
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore

Been to Suites at Northshore? Share your experiences!