“Hair in my food”

Big Daddy's Brew & 'Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Daddy's Brew & 'Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 46 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N Port Washington Rd
Description: At Big Daddy's Brew & Que it all begins with our love for big flavor, big brews and big barbeque. Melding the authentic flavors of the South in the heart of the Midwest, Big Daddy brings the best of both worlds - Authentic Southern Barbecue and local craft brews.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Hair in my food”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I rarely write reviews but I had to do this one. ABSOLUTE Worst service ever !!! Hair in my food, poor service and below average food. I recieved no apology from my waiter who slang her hair while walking. I had to have another waiter find her twice when she left the table for extensive periods without checking on us. I WILL NEVER EAT HERE AGAIN!!!

• Visited November 2013

Watertown, Wisconsin
“Good food, good service, no complaints”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stopped here with my family after a short weekend trip. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food considering this is located in a shopping mall. We ordered the 'pig trough' as we had 6 in our group and wanted some variety. Everything was very tasty - even the two kids had no trouble finding something that they liked. Not bad bar-b-cue for the upper mid-west and plenty of it!

I personally did not care for the overall 'theme' of the restaurant, however, as it is very much like any Hooters (short short pants) only with all the girls wearing cowboy hats. When I go to a restaurant it is to eat food, not to gawk at scantily dressed servers -

• Visited September 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Legs, legs, legs! Oh, food, too”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you can take the fact that the atmosphere here looks and feels like an Eliminator-era ZZ Top music video, you'll probably find the food passable, but note that it is nothing to write home about. Decent enough the few times I've been here, but not worth the short drive to Glendale from my house considering the plethora of other barbeque options in the Milwaukee area.

• Visited April 2013
Milwaukee
“Surprisingly decent bar-b-que, decent prices”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went to Big Daddy's for a birthday lunch for our son. We arrived and were seated promptly, and our server brought the food and drink menus. This is next to the iPic and you can take food and drinks to the bowling alley or cinema if you like. We ordered the Feeding Frenzy "for two", and it was plenty for the three of us. We were able to substitute mac and cheese for the regular fries, and that was a worthwhile switch. The mac and cheese was served in a small skillet and came with sweet-spicy peppers that added a nice balance to the 'que. The meats themselves were smoked nicely and were tender and tasty. I might have liked to see the riblets cooked a bit longer, so they'd be more falling-off-the-bone tender. The brisket, beef tenderloin, pulled pork and chicken were delicious. The baked beans had some meat in them, and the sweet potato fries were crispy outside and spiced well. All of the meats are served "dry" so you can serve your own sauce. There are three varieties: a root beer-based regular flavor, a mustard-based sauce, and a (not too) spicy sauce if you want some kick.
They tossed in a free dessert for the birthday boy, and there was plenty to share, just the right amount after the meal. We had leftovers to take home.

There are some nice beers on tap and bottled, and cocktails at reasonable prices. Don't look for much in the way of wines by the glass, but come on, it's a 'que place. They have a full bar too.
This is conveniently located and the 'que is pretty good. It's worth a return visit.
You might guess it's not a place for a romantic dinner, and you'd be right. But it could be part of a fun outing, due to the bowling alley and cinema in the same area. There were several groups and families with small kids, so it's suitable for everyone.

• Visited June 2013