“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We have been here before and had good success. We went with a group, and they forgot three meals and did not even notice until we asked. Then they charged $6.50for a birthday desert. Food is pretty good service not so much. We wont hurry back.

1  Thank Betters

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I ordered a beef burrito and I could not finish my meal. The service was good, the parking lot was full, but the food tasted like it came from a can. My wife's meal was barely better with canned cheese sauce and canned spinach. It was an anniversary meal to remember and laugh about.

1  Thank buzznut58
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stopped in with a friend just for their great Margarita from scratch. I don't like the premixed Margarita but they make a great one from Scratch with your choice of tequilla. Go at happy hour for the best deal.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have eaten at La Chimenea at least 10 times. The food is always good and the atmoshpere is "Mexican fun!" A sign of a good restaurant is if it's usually busy and La Chimenea is usually pretty busy, especially on the weekends. That's a good indication that people keep coming back because the food and service are both good.

We (our family) like La Chimenea because they have a number of different items on their menu that are not the "typical" mexican menu. They have daily specials that the chef comes up with that are unusual, which I like to try. I get a little tired of the typical burritos, tacos, enchiladas, etc.
They have some very different pork dishes which I like and my wife loves the fish tacos! If you like the "typical" mexican food that have that as well and you won't be dissapointed.

In the summer time, they have the outdoor patio for dining which is nice because it opens up space for indoor dining.

Like any restaurant, when their busy the service can be slower. If you're going on a weekend, expect a slower pace because they are busy. This isn't the restaurants fault. Go with the flow and enjoy the excellent food and nice friendly atmposphere. If you want fast service, go to McDonalds or some other "fast food" chain.

We highly recommend La Chimenea for the food, the atmosphere and the overall experience.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have eaten here several times as a family for it is a local restaurant. This past time will be our last. The service was beyond poor, the food was not even warm and my daughters food came out wrong. When I brought this to the attention of the manager he made it seem like it was our fault for ordering the wrong item on the Kids menu. I would strongly urge anyone interested in going to this restaurant to visit another Mexican restaurant in the area,. We will never be back!!!