“Vast Improvements Over The Original”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Town Beer Hall

Old Town Beer Hall
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Germantown
Cuisines: German, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milwaukee
“Vast Improvements Over The Original”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Our party of 5 visited on Saturday, 5-3-14 and had reservations for 6:00 pm. Parking was a matter of good fortune as there were a couple of diagonal street spots left just across the street from the restaurant - the expansive lot behind the restaurant was full.

We were promptly seated at a table that was designed for 4 but would accomodate 5 with one of us at the head.

The new bar is a large oval that extends into the original dining area. The hard floors and wood paneling throughout made for a remarkably noisy dining experience. Our two older diners had to turn their hearing aids down in response to the sound level in the dining room.

Service was prompt and efficient. Three of us sampled the original preparation ribs and were well pleased with the sauce spice and succulent fall off the bone meat. Two ordered the 1/2 rack and I ordered the rather generous full rack. A little filled from the excellent dinner rolls and half the house salad side, I was only able to eat about 1/4 of the full rack. I spent much of the rest of the dinner removing the meat from the bones for use in a homemade pulled pork pizza that we enjoyed on the next evening. One of the seniors enjoyed the Reuben Rolls appetizer as an entre and my wife had the Chicken Schnitzel which she found to be fair.

We sampled the desserts and while all were quite tastey the vanilla ice cream that accompanied the cake offering was fabulously creamy and flavorful. Can't recall a restaurant ice cream experience in quite a while where the vanilla ice cream was so good.

My son tried the Chambord Ice Cream drink and while quite pricy at $9.50, it was incomparable in flavor, appearance and texture - using that marvelous vanilla ice cream.

On our drive home, I remarked that the memorably loud dining experience was clearly tailored for core Harley-Davidson customers whose hearing is gone thanks to years of riding with loud exhaust pipes.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SkiKingMKE

Germantown, Wisconsin
“Great Renovations - Glad Germantown has a good resturaunt again!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The renovation done to this place are spectacular. The service was great and overall the food was very good. There take on a Reuben Roll I must say was awesome. Clam chowder was awesome, and the spatzel was so good i could just eat a plate of that!

The brisket was good but too rich to go with there sweeter tasting BBQ sauce. The pulled pork again was good, but "pre-smothered" in there sweet BBQ sauce an in my opinion overly sauced. If they would have not put the sauce in the pork automatically, and had a spicy BBQ sauce options to dip everything in, the food would have been perfect. With that said other than the sauce the food was very good. I am very happy there is a nice place like this back in Germantown! P.S. the Fish Fry looked amazing! I will try it next time.

• Visited April 2014
Wisconsin
“Beautifully Redone Restaurant”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Since this restaurant was redone we thought we would give it a try again. The place looks very nice. But we thought it got a lot pricier than before. Over six dollars for the French onion soup, and $8.50 for our cocktails. $9.50 for a bloody mary and chaser to go with it. We had the half rack or ribs. They were good. It was a hour drive from where we live so I would have to say we would not rush back. There are restaurants closer to us that I would say are better. But the place itself was redone very nicely.

• Visited April 2014
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Top three restaurants I've ever been to”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My girlfriend and I went for valentines day and it was AMAZING!! She had the filet mignon and it was the best I've ever had. I had the brisket and short ribs and it was superb. The Reuben rolls and the French onion soup were both Devine as well. It's an expensive treat but well worth the money!!!

• Visited February 2014
Midwest
“Better than Before”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Every March my boyfriend and I go out to dinner - someplace we would otherwise not go because of the cost. We chose to go to Old Town Inn because of the reopening with a new owner. We made reservations online at their website, which was easy and recommended. We decided to arrive a half hour early for drinks at the bar before dinner. We were seated immediately! That was OK. We just had drinks at our table. I had mixed drinks $4.50, my boyfriend had German beer $5.00. I ordered the Filet Mignon $29, which comes with the vegetable of the day and a side (Mac & Cheese for me). My boyfriend ordered a Combination Dinner $24, which comes with a choice of two meats and two sides (1/2 Rack Ribs and Smoked Sausage for him). The steak was excellent - very tender and tasty! The Ribs were excellent as well - very tender with a great spicy sauce! The Smoked Sausage was not for bragging. Sides we chose were just OK. One this once a year treat we usually get a dessert to share, but we each chose one. I chose the Caramel Apple Pie $6. Nothing special. My boyfriend chose the Flourless Chocolate Cake $6. Very rich and delicious. Thought the service was average for this type of restaurant, but it is "new" and I realize it takes time to get organized. I would highly recommend going here and I think we will go again when the time is right for us $. My only real complaint was that the noise level was a little above what I would have liked.

• Visited March 2014