“Upgrades were nice, but the room was not clean!”

Holiday Inn Express Germantown
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Upgrades were nice, but the room was not clean!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The upgraded furniture was nice; however, the hotel still showed it's age and the room was not up to cleanliness standards. As we walked to our room on the first floor there was a very strong pet urine odor near the ATM, this lasted out entire stay. The room itself had very stained bedskirts, filthly doors (both entry and bathroom), the carpet felt greasy on your feet (and your socks showed it), and the heating/cooling unit was disgusting. While my daughter and mother were swimming I wiped down every surface in the room and had very dirty wipes at the end. The HVAC system was so dirty that there were black dust balls on the floor around it, I can't even describe what the inside looked like. Luckily, it was warm enough in our room that we did not need to use it. It was extremely clear that our room had not been deep cleaned in quite sometime and daily housekeeping is lacking. Also, the linens had such a strong bleach odor that it was difficult to sleep. We will choose to stay elsewhere the next time we visit our family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Brooke D,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am pleased you liked our upgraded furniture. However, I am sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. I apologize for the unacceptable cleanliness of the room and poor housekeeping service you encountered during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
turgtusteynam
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This may be an average review except for a few things. 1. The bed was really great. 2. The room was beautifully cleaned and cared for every day. It's close to a lot of fast food and chain restaurants.

Room Tip: Get one in back away from the main drag (as I did). It's quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hello Happy Camper,

I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself at the Holiday Inn Express Germantown, We do have plenty of restaurant around the hotel. I look forward to you visiting our hotel again and while your here stop by the desk and say Hello.

Julie Kugler
Middleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Staff is always extremely friendly and helpful. They offer prizes and bottled water at check in. Sometimes offer sandwiches brats, etc. Usually have cookies too. Rooms have been upgraded with new air condition/heaters and HD TV's. Close to restaurant and can to walk to Panda Express, KFC, or Cracker Barrel for dinner. Breakfast is usually out and ready before 6AM.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stays with us. We are always looking to exceed our guest's expectations, I am glad you are happy with some of the extras that our hotel offers. The area around the hotel has everything that I person would want for a dinner menu. I look forward to seeing you when your in that area again.
Hollywood, FL
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel rooms need to be clean and things need to work. I stayed here on a couple of occasions. The first time, I found a couple of roaches crawling around the window curtains. On another occasion, the room Air Conditioner / Heater unit didn't work. In fairness to the hotel, I mentioned it and they promised to address the issue. I just think that these issues should have been addressed ahead of time & not wait for the customer to find out and then fix it. The breakfast is good and the front desk staff is very friendly and courteous.

1 Thank 50_US_States_2011
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Hotel Guest:

We would like to thank you for the input on your most recent stay with us. It is gratifying to us that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and that our staff provided you with the great customer service. It is always our goal to make every guest feel appreciated and valued. Rest assured that we have taken steps to alleviate the problems that you experienced while you were with us and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Being the weather has been as it has, box elder bugs are a problem in the area. We have done a number of sprays to take care of this problem. It is through feedback from our valued guests that makes it possible for us to improve and become a more accommodating hotel.
Thank You for your time and effort to bring this to our attention. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Holiday Inn Express
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Close to restaurants and whatever you may need. I was on business and the room was clean, as well as the facility well maintained. Desk staff were courteous and provided me with all the information I requested. Standard breakfast offerings. I will likely stay here when travelling back to the area.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the top floor if possible.
1 Thank bbbob84
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hello bbbob84,

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express.
My staff is very proud of their customer service. If there is anything else
that I can do for you please contact me.(Julie)
Have a wonderful Day, and then again for you wonderful review.

Julie Kugler
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Recently had a 4 night stay at this hotel.

On arrival the staff were welcoming and seemed well organised.

Our room was exactly as reserved, no more, no less.

The breakfast was well stocked and replenished as soon as things ran out.

Housekeeping completely ignored us on one day leaving us with no towels and bed unmade. On returning from a day out , we had to make a late night visit to the duty manager for him to find us some replacement towels and make our own bed.
Our "do not disturb" sign was by the side of the bed so there could be no room for error other than sloppiness. ON the previous day housekeeping were hammering on the door despite the "do not disturb" sign being out so they seem to make the rules up as they go.

If the housekeeping issues were addressed this could be a very good hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Gill68,

Thank you for leaving a feedback regarding your experience with us. I am pleased you liked our breakfast and room accommodations. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable place for our guest to stay and to provide exceptional customer service with all of our guest needs. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you have experienced due to the housekeeping services received. I assure you the valuable feedback will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate department for improvement.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. Hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Littleton
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Lovely hotel and the a/c works great! One small detail the front desk does not tell you is that they have had a recent string of car break ins. I would stay there again, but make sure ALL valuables are with you and set your car alarm if you have one!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. I am not sure where you heard about the cars, but be assured, we have updated our parking lot lighting in an effort to make our guests feel more secure and protected.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown
Super 8 Germantown / Milwaukee, WI
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
#1 of 2 in Menomonee Falls
Best Western Germantown Inn
Home2 Suites by Hilton Menomonee Falls Milwaukee
Home2 Suites by Hilton Menomonee...
#2 of 2 in Menomonee Falls
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place

Been to Holiday Inn Express Germantown? Share your experiences!