“HIE Germantown”

Holiday Inn Express Germantown
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Staff is always extremely friendly and helpful. They offer prizes and bottled water at check in. Sometimes offer sandwiches brats, etc. Usually have cookies too. Rooms have been upgraded with new air condition/heaters and HD TV's. Close to restaurant and can to walk to Panda Express, KFC, or Cracker Barrel for dinner. Breakfast is usually out and ready before 6AM.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stays with us. We are always looking to exceed our guest's expectations, I am glad you are happy with some of the extras that our hotel offers. The area around the hotel has everything that I person would want for a dinner menu. I look forward to seeing you when your in that area again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel rooms need to be clean and things need to work. I stayed here on a couple of occasions. The first time, I found a couple of roaches crawling around the window curtains. On another occasion, the room Air Conditioner / Heater unit didn't work. In fairness to the hotel, I mentioned it and they promised to address the issue. I just think that these issues should have been addressed ahead of time & not wait for the customer to find out and then fix it. The breakfast is good and the front desk staff is very friendly and courteous.

1  Thank 50_US_States_2011
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Hotel Guest:

We would like to thank you for the input on your most recent stay with us. It is gratifying to us that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and that our staff provided you with the great customer service. It is always our goal to make every guest feel appreciated and valued. Rest assured that we have taken steps to alleviate the problems that you experienced while you were with us and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Being the weather has been as it has, box elder bugs are a problem in the area. We have done a number of sprays to take care of this problem. It is through feedback from our valued guests that makes it possible for us to improve and become a more accommodating hotel.
Thank You for your time and effort to bring this to our attention. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Close to restaurants and whatever you may need. I was on business and the room was clean, as well as the facility well maintained. Desk staff were courteous and provided me with all the information I requested. Standard breakfast offerings. I will likely stay here when travelling back to the area.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the top floor if possible.
1  Thank bbbob84
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Hello bbbob84,

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express.
My staff is very proud of their customer service. If there is anything else
that I can do for you please contact me.(Julie)
Have a wonderful Day, and then again for you wonderful review.

Julie Kugler

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Recently had a 4 night stay at this hotel.

On arrival the staff were welcoming and seemed well organised.

Our room was exactly as reserved, no more, no less.

The breakfast was well stocked and replenished as soon as things ran out.

Housekeeping completely ignored us on one day leaving us with no towels and bed unmade. On returning from a day out , we had to make a late night visit to the duty manager for him to find us some replacement towels and make our own bed.
Our "do not disturb" sign was by the side of the bed so there could be no room for error other than sloppiness. ON the previous day housekeeping were hammering on the door despite the "do not disturb" sign being out so they seem to make the rules up as they go.

If the housekeeping issues were addressed this could be a very good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Gill68,

Thank you for leaving a feedback regarding your experience with us. I am pleased you liked our breakfast and room accommodations. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable place for our guest to stay and to provide exceptional customer service with all of our guest needs. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you have experienced due to the housekeeping services received. I assure you the valuable feedback will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate department for improvement.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. Hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Lovely hotel and the a/c works great! One small detail the front desk does not tell you is that they have had a recent string of car break ins. I would stay there again, but make sure ALL valuables are with you and set your car alarm if you have one!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. I am not sure where you heard about the cars, but be assured, we have updated our parking lot lighting in an effort to make our guests feel more secure and protected.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very nice location clean rooms. Great barhrooms. Staff was a notch below friendly but we all have a bad day. Repeat customer if that tells you anything. Eat at Brisco County across interstate.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Matthew E

First let me thank you for being such a loyal customer, and for realizing that we are all human. We do apologize for the fact that we may not have been at our best that day. Our goal is to make every guest feel welcomed and appreciated.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hotel room was clean, spacious and nicely decorated. The staff was friendly and the hotel was dog friendly. The hotel backs onto a golf course, which is great, as it is pretty quiet. Had it not been for the two major issues I had, this would have been a 4 of 5 star hotel.

Issue 1: Security. NO security cameras at the far end of hotel and the door on the end locks at 11:00PM and guests have zero access to building (potentially dangerous!). The lack of security served as an open invitation for a break in, which did happen to me. I cannot believe that this isn't a frequent occurence so why not err on the side of guest safety?

Issue 2: The manager was apparently on vacation. My friend and I wanted to split the room. The people on duty were not authorized to reprocess the bill. I've never heard of this before....

A side note: the Germantown police were friendly, helpful and professional. THEY get 5 stars!

Would I recommend this hotel? Yes, provided they fix the security problem and provide staff with the proper training to perform simple tasks such as fixing a bill so that customers can easily share the expense. If they don't do that, I'd avoid it if you value your vehicle and safety.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear DogShowLover,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review regarding your stay. It`s nice to hear that you are pleased with our location, room accommodations and friendly staff. I am sorry for the problems you encountered during the billing process and the negative impression you may have had due to our level of security. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown
Super 8 Germantown / Milwaukee, WI
Home2 Suites by Hilton Menomonee Falls Milwaukee
Home2 Suites by Hilton Menomonee...
#2 of 2 in Menomonee Falls
Best Western Germantown Inn
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
#1 of 2 in Menomonee Falls
Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Germantown? Share your experiences!