“One Time is Enough For Me”

Holiday Inn Express Germantown
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Springfield, Missouri
“One Time is Enough For Me”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I choose Express properties because they are typically consistent in the amenities and offer strong value for both business and personal travels. Well, not always.

This is the second Milwaukee area property that I’ve stayed at that that just isn’t up to the brand (the New Berlin Express is worse). I got room 142 and my biggest complaint is that if a room isn’t clean, I’m not going back. I can't stand dirty carpet with hairs and crumbs and whatever else is crawling around. In a bit of irony I found two quarters on the floor alongside the bed.

Room Tip: Maybe go for the 2nd floor?
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Zender33
jkugler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
In reading your review of our property allow me to apologize for any and all problems. Our goal is to never let a guest leave feeling unhappy about their stay. I appreciate the feedback. We have now completed our renovation at the hotel. We have replaced carpeting through out the entire hotel. Again I do apologize for the problems that you had during your stay.

Julie Kugler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed September 29, 2011

At best this property could rate average. I would usually stay at the HGI a few miles away but they were booked. I have had decent luck with HIE so for $100 bucks I decided to give it a whirl. Front desk staff was courteous and efficient. The room had a musty smell. It was offensive enough that I was forced to open the window. Overall the rooms are a little worn, beds are adequate. The TV is small for the size of the room. The carpet in the room was damp when I awoke in the morning..and although I had become accustomed to the musty smell, I identified the root cause. The shower worked fine, standard HIE amenities and smallish towels in the bathroom. When I tried to engage the sink drain, the handle came off in my hand.
The breakfast selection consisted of sausage patties, scrambled eggs, HI cinnamon rolls, cereal, yogurt, biscuits and gravy. The english muffins were stale and there wasn't a piece of fresh fruit to be seen.
Had it not been for the musty smell I would have rated this average. I can recommend if you travel with your own bottle of Febreeze.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan F
I am sorry that your stay with us was not what you aniticipated. I will be looking into the problem that you had in breakfast. It is our standard to have fresh friut on our breakfast
buffet. We serve the foods of that Holiday Inn Standards. We have addressed the issues
that you had in with room. It is my goal to correct all issues that are in a room before
guests check in. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you had while staying with us. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel. I would like to have you come back and stay with us again.

Julie kugler
Gerneral Manager
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My family and I had a great stay. We found so much to do in the area. The pool at the hotel was wonderful. The kids played in the pool forever. There is a patio right off from the pool area. We soaked up the sun while the kids played in the pool. Everyone at the hotel was very nice. One of the housekeepers tolds us all about the area and every;thing that we could do. She should get a big raise. We went down to the lake front, and for my kids it was the first time. She told us about a fair going on. We had a blast. The rooms were very nice and clean. That is a big facter for my wife. I would tell all my friends to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Clio, Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2011

They are remodeling, and are forthright with what's going on, with a sign in the lobby stating where they're working, and what they're trying to achieve. After I went to dinner, there was a guy caulking in the hallway, but there was none of the typical mess and mayhem that goes along with remodels. Very nice place, great pool/hot tub area. The typical H.I.E. breakfast in the morning (why do they all have the overly-watery eggs??) would be the only real downfall to my stay here. Excellent rooms, comfy beds, more like a business suite with a desk and couch/table areas, not just a bed and a TV.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank talimar
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Don't reserve a room with a debit card! I did and they withdrew the money from my account 2 weeks ago when I made the reservation (cost $180) and then took out another $230.70 after I stayed there. When I called to inquire, i was told that it was because I used a debit card and the money will be refunded in 3 to 4 days. Great to have my account overdrawn over the Christmas holiday. I was told I just have to wait for it to be refunded by some Odessey group. Watch your account closely if you stay there. I was never told I would have an extra $230.70 taken out and then refunded later on top of the cost of staying at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ellen60083
mlchurch, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Germantown, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Thank you for the feedback regarding the trouble you had when using a debit card to both make your reservation and upon check-in at the hotel. In reviewing your reservation and experience we realize now that the reservation was to be paid in advance which is why your debit card was charged after making the reservation. However, we have also made some internal changes in our procedures for guests that use a debit card upon check-in to prevent this from happening to others. Again, I appreciate the feedback and apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.
Augusta, GA
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Great place to stay North of Milwaukee, friendly staff, comfortable bed, good breakfast, great firewood grill restaurant around the corner (you get 10% off with room key), also a Wal Mart less than half mile away for any items you need. We went to Green Bay, then Brewers game the next day on the way to Chicago. Great rates on weekends.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I reserved a room for my in-laws to stay here for a weekend in May. I checked them in and saw their room. The hotel is quite clean, the person at check in was pleasant. The room was spacious, and the beds looked comfortable. The nightly rate was around $80 including tax, which is hard to beat. Hwy Q in Germantown is a little overgrown, but Hwy 45, about a half mile down the road, goes right into Milwaukee.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ahollenh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
#1 of 2 in Menomonee Falls
Super 8 Germantown / Milwaukee, WI
Best Western Germantown Inn
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place

Been to Holiday Inn Express Germantown? Share your experiences!