“Great little restaurant with excellent food”
Review of Cornerstone

Cornerstone
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
COLLEGEVILLE
“Great little restaurant with excellent food”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

A friend and I ate at the Cornerstone before we visited Ten Chimneys in Genesee Depot, WI. Our lunch was excellent. Very good food, and friendly, helpful service. If I am ever in Genesee Depot again, I will return to the Cornerstone Restaurant.

• Visited September 2012

Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Near to Ten Chimneys but disappointing”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We ate lunch here after visiting Ten Chimneys. Genesee Depot seems to be little more than a bend in Route 53 with not too much to offer. The restaurant's web-site makes the place appear posher and in better condition that it actually is - a small-town diner. Our first table location was too warm as it was near the front door on a hot day so we were moved to a table with a great view of the toilet doors and the kitchen. I had broiled cod while my wife ordered fried cod but got perch instead - however she didn't notice until the bill arrived. The food was OK. We would have tried dessert but one, of a newly-seated party of 3, had a really annoying laugh.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Dedgehog
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Small town atmosphere with home style, upscale taste”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Our third time here and we love the food. Their soups are wonderful. Today it was the Cornerstone Club with turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and garlic mayo on Focaccia Bread & a side of yummy coleslaw. Hubby had the BLT with homemade potato salad....VERY good!! Prices are average & the small bar is open, offering wines, beers and a few mixed beverages. We'll be back for sure!!!

• Visited August 2012
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
“A great restaurant!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We love going to the Cornerstone restaurant!
The highs - they always have wonderful dishes ands specials most nights. The deserts are also very good. Some come from Sally's Sweet Shop which is across the street.
The lows - the service can be hit or miss. We have had some absolutely excellent servers and we had some that need some seasoning to get them up to the standards that we have come to expect from this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank jcwis
Chicago
“On the road for a week and this was the low point.”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Maybe we stopped by on a bad day, but that is the point to my review, you cannot just drive out the local "Greek restaurant" with cute graphics and yuppie sounding menu -- you actually have to deliver. We stopped after a visit to ten chimneys on a near 100 degree afternoon; the air conditioning, wait staff, and kitchen each struggled to keep up. I order a beer and 10 minutes later told that they were out, okay, I order the daily special, bison burger, and told 15 minutes later they were out, okay, I order the fish sandwich, mystery fish, because when I asked they could not tell what kind of fish, but did deliberately ask if I still wanted the home made chips. Sure! Gets here, no chips, fries, living a Saturday Night Live skit. Okay, but the cook, no word of “chef” should be considered, turned the deep fryer up to melting steel setting. A crust of something on both the fish and fires and substance left underneath that just caved into the first bite. I asked my wife when driving out of town it she had something in her purse to take the taste of that meal out-of-my-mouth. She, god bless her, had some dark chocolate. If you live here, you have to love it, if traveling through please skip it, it not pack dark chocolate.

• Visited July 2012