“Now I have to wonder!”

Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Friendship
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Carlson's Rustic Ridge is located on Castle Rock Lake just outside of the town of Friendship, Wisconsin. We have a full menu, including prime rib each night. Our large, all you can eat soup and salad bar is a go-to favorite for many. Drive in, boat over, or walk down to our beach bar, open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Memorial Day-Labor Day, featuring live music on holiday weekends.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Decided to go there for our 51st. Anniversary. It has always been a special place for us.Going many times a year, and always on New Years Eve. But , after yesterdays experience, I have to wonder what is going on. It was 2 PM, on a Sunday afternoon. They have a brunch till 2. But then you can order off the menu. We arrived at 1:30, so had a nice drink in the bar till almost 2. Ordered two filets, Med. Rare, and a baked potato. They have a very nice salad bar, and very good soup.
When our filets came out, I wanted to question the waiter about them. I am not sure just what cut of meat this was? I only knew what cut ( it wasen't ) It was not a filet. It looked like a 1 inch piece taken from the center of a rib-eye steak. I did not grumble or ask the waiter. Because my spouse gets upste when I do. SO we just ate some of it, and brought the rest home.
What is really funny about this is, We raise Black Angus steers for market. And have been butchering most of our meat for 50 years. From now on, I will ask to see my piece of meat, BEFORE, it is prepared. Yes, we will return, as it has always been wonderful. I will probably stick to the Seafood menu, as I usually do, As we have beef at home, that is great.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great food! Lot's of menu selections! Steak and prime rib, in my opinion are their specialties. The salad bar is full of great choices for your salad, homemade soup and fresh baked bread are always on among the choices as well. Awesome views of Castle Rock Lake. Indoor and outdoor seating available. They also offer a beach bar. You can go for a walk before or after dinner along the sandy beach of Castle Rock Lake.