“Keep coming back as the kids grow”
Review of Casa Di Giorgio

Casa Di Giorgio
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

While my wife was able to escape the frigid tundra of WI for the sun of FL, my Valentine's Dinner consisted of me and my kids (one of each). I asked where they wanted to go for our "special" dinner and they chose Casa Di Giorgio. We went on Saturday the 15th.

The kids are now no longer eligible for Childrens meals and eat like adults, but the nice thing is that they expand their horizon when we eat here. Even though they enjoy the Burger and Chicken Sandwiches, they have moved on to Lasagna and Fresh Salmon. I was going to go with Chicken Parm, but really wanted some Spaghetti and Meatballs, so I went that way.

We had a reservation and our table was ready immediately upon our arrival. The crowd was a mix of Couples celebrating one day late, birthday parties and several tables of High School Students having a nice dinner before their Winter Dance. Kids have a lot more class (and money) then when I was growing up.

All of our meals were delicious and all plates were cleaned. I had the Minestrone soup, which was overflowing with vegetables and had a very flavorful broth. The bread is always fresh and hot with butter that can be spread. My only suggestion would be to add croutons for the salad. Maybe some homemade ones from their pizza oven.

The waitstaff is very attentive and management is very visible in the front of the house and by the kitchen.

They advertise with a lot of coupons, usually one free entree (up to $15), when ordering two, as long as two drinks are ordered. In our case, the least expensive meal was mine at $13.95, so it was removed from the bill. With larger parties we have been able to utilize two original coupons.

I would eat there without the coupons, but it certainly makes it an easy decision and with this being our kids favorite "adult" restaurant, we usually make it here once every couple of months.

They have updated their booths and chairs, which give it a more elegant feel. I do not know how much more redesign they will do, just leave the menu alone!

4  Thank Rdsxfan

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Had the lasagna. Pretty decent. A large portion. My wife had the three cheese ravioli. She liked it a lot. We also had prosciutto wrapped mozzarella. OK, but probably wouldn't order again. It wasn't bad, just not our thing. Not a huge dining area. We had reservations on Valentines Day and had to wait at least 15 minutes. Not bad. They have a bar you can wait, or dine, at. Our dishes were only $14 a piece. Tiramasu was good. Most expensive steak is a 10oz Steer Filet for $29. Will try it next time. They are trying to make the place higher end, but they have a ways to go. Still have a tube TV in the corner of the dining room. Needs better bread, and butter that is not rock hard. Should also have oil and vinegar for it. Should add white table cloths as well. It's definitely worth a shot if you've never been.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

first time visit been in franklin for five years, my girlfriend and i ordered sea scallop with proschiuto and veal siciliano both plates very good. we back for more

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I ate here for the first time on 01/06/2014. The weather was extremely cold outside but the restaurant had such a cozy and warm atmosphere. There were only two other tables of customers the whole time were were there, but the service was exceptional! We ordered the Chicken Parmesan and the Chicken Piccata. We both really enjoyed our food. I think the Chicken Piccata is the best I have ever tried. The bread was a little different and it was the only thing that we weren't crazy about. Overall though it was a great experience. We will definitely come back for more.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We enjoy this restaurant and believe the Chicken Parmesan the best in town. They used to have some of the most delicious bread, but unfortunately they must have had to cut back somewhere and chose the bread...a little disappointing, but not enough to hurt the Chicken Parmesan! Although if they went back to a better bread, we would eat there more often. Pizza's are good anytime. Nicely stocked bar and good service.

1  Thank John B