“Surprisingly Good Fish Fry”
Review of Casa Di Giorgio

Casa Di Giorgio
Ranked #8 of 57 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had received a coupon in the mail for Buy 1 Get 1 Fish Fry and decided to give them a try. Because of the coupons, we were not expecting anything above average. I decided I better call and ask how long the wait was, shock...there was a 2 hour wait. Luckily I called early so I made a reservation for the soonest we could get in. The place was packed. The one bad thing I can say is that there is little to no space for waiting for a table. Once we were seated we started to understand why. We were given menu's and water as soon as we sat down. When our waitress came to the table she was able to answer any questions we had on the menu and we ordered the cod fish fry. We thought the price was a little high for a fish fry (around $15) but that is what we came in for. I guess we didn't read the menu very well because taking our order we were surprised when we were asked if we wanted soup or salad. Then we got to choose our potato or pasta. A loaf or bread and a HUGH salad bowl was brought out with the dressing of our choice. The bread was very good but have been better warm. The salad was chilled, very fresh and filled with goodies. Then the Fish Fry arrived. The potato and pasta were very good as I would have expected. The coleslaw was cut a little too fine (it almost had a baby food texture) for me but tasted average. The fish was very lightly battered and cooked perfect. Not at all greasy. We learned two things from our dinner. 1. To make reservations 2. It was worth the price even without the coupon. To be fair, I can only base my review on the fish fry but talking to other patrons they all had favorable things to say.

2  Thank ck2694

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I went with a group of 6, two of the people didn't even get what they ordered- the shrimp wasn't cooked. And of course the manager said oh well we catered thr best to your group? My group?? Really?? Six adult women and two children. Is it because we spoke a different language? I don't recommend this place to anyone. Over priced and horrible food. The customer service was crap- and I mentioned it to the manager. Whom told me oh well. I was soo embarressed to host a party there.

1  Thank suha s
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great bar service from Ella. Smaller, intimate setting. I had the chicken marsala and it was delicious. Fantastic bread, nice cold salad. A really nice evening and meal. Their website has coupons you can print out, which also makes this place a great value. Will definitely go back.

2  Thank DLKWI88
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We have been going here since 2010 and I gotta say that the service we were given was terrible!! Jamie was so inattentive and even rude.. My steak was cold and when she did get around to checking on us I told her and she came back saying I still had to pay for it and "that's how he always is" ( referring to the owner/ mgr Rex) .. Wow! obviously that is why there are always a ton of BOGO coupons to be found for Casa..

1  Thank Lovetodineout777
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have come here with wife and family for many years and only had one bad experience and that waiter has been gone for a long time now. To bad for us that was our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Last night we ate here and were thinking of hosting another family event here. We had another enjoyable dinner, BUT, When I am greeted by the waiter and presented with the menu and the days specials and then the next thing I hear is "DO YOU HAVE ANY COUPONS TONIGHT?" I wondered if I did, would that change the quality of my service, will it change the size of my portion, or will people with out a coupon get priority service. I had just returned to WI after being away for a while and my wife wanted to come here for a steak. The steaks were prepared well, everything was great, except this question. What is the difference if you know at the beginning of my dinner or at the end of my dinner if I have one of your coupons that you pay to have in Clippers or that I can print on line. I'm guessing that you are using the coupons to help bring people into the restaurant. I am left with the feeling that if I am using one of your coupons I get less service or become a second class customer. I didn't like being asked that question at all! It should not matter until you bring me the check or ask me before you bring the check. I honestly will reconsider dinning here if this policy continues. If having a coupon is an issue for some reason then Don't Make Them Available!

2  Thank Captain648