“Family Camping”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Atkinson
Jellystone Park of Fort Atkinson
Brooklyn, Wisconsin
“Family Camping”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our group of campers included 7 campsites this year.. This is the third year we have gathered at Jellystone park to camp together. While the park is always clean and maintained, the pools and play grounds are very nice as well. They have plenty of activeties for all ages as well as a nice store and restraunt on site.
We find that all the golf carts running up and down the unpaved roads from morning till late evening leaves you choking in the dust. Some on this trip even included very loud music playing on carts. Some of the golf carts driven by kids were over the speed limit causing the excess in dust.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family (husband, 4 year old twins, and our dog) camped at this Jellystone location for the first time over Memorial Day weekend. It will be difficult for me to express just how wonderful of a time we had!

This is the perfect location for a family. If you're worried that sitting by a campfire won't keep your kids sufficiently entertained, this is the place for you. There are tons of activities all over the grounds to keep you busy during your stay (mini golf, swimming pools, parks, jumping pillow, fishing pond, baseball diamond, remote controlled car course, the list goes on and on). If that's not enough, they plan an offer a wide variety of entertainment for every age group. When we were there, they offered morning "Hey Rides" around the campgrounds, nightly dances, an ice cream social, golf cart poker, BINGO, morning craft time for the kids, bean bag toss tournaments, parades, and so much more!

We will definitely return at least one more time this summer and plan multiple trips next summer!

I also agree with previous reviews. For a campground, this place is clean. You see the staff moving around the entire day keeping things in tiptop condition. Additionally, a lot of the people camping there are regulars that have been camping there for years. So, you also see the campers taking pride in their sites and leaving them better than the found them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank drcortez
Milwaukee
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My friends and I stayed the weekend and one of them decided to buy a park model - now we can go as much as we want ! We love it there !!! Don't believe people when they say its dirty. I am not an outdoorsy type person to begin with and I think this place is very clean! Bathrooms are always spotless and the staff is great !!!!!!

Room Tip: Check out the cabins
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This isnot our first stay,,, as in our first experience ,we had a great time. The halloween activities were very fun. Our grand kids had the time of their lives and as for the adult just as much fun,the seasonal campers are friendly as well. The campsites are clean and well taken care of, clean restrooms and showers,pool is big ,clean and warm.The store is stocked with everything you may have forgot. I will be back this spring and summer ....HAPPY CAMPING.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Phillip D
Chicago suburbs
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We've stayed about 10 times over the years and it just keeps getting worse. Like many others have mentioned, the customer service is terrible. This campground just gets way overcrowded during the summer and they don't have enough staff to properly run the place.

Like many Yogi Bear campgrounds they rent golf carts then don't enforce any rules with them. Young kids race around all day and night and it can be very dangerous walking on the paths with the carts zooming by.

We try not to use the restrooms because they are almost always filthy. Again, they just have too few staff working in order to keep up with cleaning.

The small restaurant onsite actually has very good food but the service is slow and the prices are expensive.

We've only used the upper pool and it has generally been clean. But there's usually no lifeguards around so kids are running all over the place and jumping on top of other kids in the pool. So any expectation of having a safe fun time in the pool goes out the window right away.

The late night experience gets worse because far too many 'regulars' stay up past the quiet hours and end up getting drunk, loud, and obnoxious. It can get pretty scarey being their with your family when the rowdy drunks start getting wound up. Your best bet is to call the police at that time rather than relying upon the old lady who is their security person.

Our relatives own one of the permanent park models in the east section of the park and some sections of that area are actually quite nice. But their experience in dealing with the owners of this park have also been very frustrating.

All in all, if you are in the area and need a place to stay just for overnight then this place would probably do. But if you have plans to stay here for a weekend or longer then you'll probably be dissapointed and felt ripped off.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
McHenry, Illinois
Reviewed September 25, 2012

After visiting friends a few times at their seasonal camp site and staying at Yogi as weekenders ourselves my husband and I decided that a seasonal campsite was the way to go! Our children ages 15, 10 and 5 always have a great time! They have meet new friends and participate in most of the activities that Yogi has to offer. I say most since there are so many to choose from each weekend! We are so happy to have become part of Jellystone and plan to be seasonals for years to come! Check it out! Whether you camp for the weekend or become a seasonal camper, you won't be dissapointed!!! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rockton, Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well Friday started out raining. I thought this is going to be a cold rainy week-end camping and this weather sucks. The ride in to Jellystone park went quick and I noticed blue skies to the north. Well it cleared out and stopped raining. I set up in the heart of it all. I could watch my kids on the play ground and in the main pavilion. A bear welcomed them and it was on two full days of non stop activities. I could have had a quiet site but from me I enjoyed being in the middle of it all. 5:36 AM Saturday morning came a 30MPH guest of wind from the west that tried to tear my awing off but after a quick roll up everything was fine. Saturday started out with crafts, play ground, jumping pillow, pumpkin painting, skate park, trick or treating for the kids and we rented a golf cart and went on a poker run. Seasonal campers were great resources for where things are since the park is big. Megan was really cool at the main store counter and Bianca helped me out big time with my golf cart rental. It's nice to have someone that likes to be there rather than just doing a job. Around nine the dance party started at the main pavilion. This was alot of fun and something I don't normally attend. Sunday was warmer and sunny we packed up and called it a week end. The kids keep asking when we can go back for another weekend at Jelly stone. The camp ground was clean and modern. I will be another trip to see the bear.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Villa Inn Motel
Villa Inn Motel
#1 of 1 in Fort Atkinson
Lakeland Camping Resort

Been to Jellystone Park of Fort Atkinson? Share your experiences!