Jellystone Park of Fort Atkinson
Motel 6 Janesville(Janesville)
$58
Motel 6
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmini golftravel trailerbedroom cabinentire familyhey hey ridecampgroundpoolsyogiwristbandskatebingotournamenttennis
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We have been regular campers at this Jellystone Park for three years now. We have two kids, 5 and 8. They love this campground. It is not overwhelmingly busy like lots of other parks we've visited. I see some negative reviews on this site regarding seasonal folks, which admittedly do fill a large portion of this campground. In my opinion, and having stayed here so many times, the seasonal folks are very nice people and like to have a good time, BUT they also take very good care of their sites have been helpful to us many times. Back to the campground itself... they have two pools which are kept clean and comfortable, a wonderful little restaurant that is open for plenty of nice meals during the week, and plenty stocked with ice cream and other snacks, lots of scheduled activities for the kids. The staff has been very easy to work with and some of them have really endeared themselves to our kids. You will get plenty of chances to see the Bears on "hey rides" or other activities. Like any campground, you will find a problem every now and then. That is going to happen anywhere you go. The difference is that at this one, if you talk to somebody, I think you have an excellent chance of getting the problem fixed. The owner himself is visible at the campground, and the staff will even give you his cell phone number if he is not immediately available. They do want to take care of you. And for the people that were complaining about threats of fines at this campground, I have to tell you that I LIKE this feature. We've been here many times, and if you are a conscientious camper and considerate to other folks, you have NOTHING to worry about. We just got back from 8 nights there, and we will be back there at least 2 to 3 more times this year. Eventually we would hope to become seasonal members here, as it really is home for us.

Room Tip: The staff will help you find a great site, but we tend to favor sites just to the west of the upper pool, for convenience to the restrooms and amenities.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Wow each year this place gets better and better ! There is more things for the kids and never a dull moment.The staff is so nice and did I mention the man that does the hey ride he really gets into it that the kids could not wait for the next one. If you have never been here or if in the past you were not happy you really need to try it to see the new and approve park. This is our 7th year here !

1  Thank Jackie R
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Awful experience! Most of the sites are seasonal people who like to bully and threaten the weekenders with fines the entire time you are here. We were threatened riding our golf cart, walking on the grass, parking our car on the grass, etc. We have never been treated so rudely and disrespectful on a trip EVER (and we travel ALOT)! The front desk lady (with brown short hair) was about the rudest person I have ever met. She wouldn't look at you and found it very hard to answer your questions but giving short, rude answers. There is NO customer service at this campground whatsoever. We were asked to move sites twice due to their mistake, no big deal but then we were treated as if this was our mistake. PLEASE, take my advice and DO NOT stay here. There are plenty of campgrounds and you can find one where you are actually treated nicely. Strange atmosphere at this campground!!!!

1  Thank JenS939
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My only camping experience has been at a few Wisconsin State Parks, this was our first time going to a family campground. Based on previous reviews I was very nervous about my trip. We chose this campground based on closeness to home and also they had available cabins for our friends that we camped with. They camped in a basic cabin (which they had no problems with).

Check-in went extremely fast (we did pre pay in advanced), what was a shocked was the narrow roads throughout the campground and how tight the camp sites are together. The area that we stayed on was very hilly and the camp site wasn’t very level. Our fire pit was also lacking a grate; it was literally a trip hazard hole. I would have complained, but our friend’s cabin was right across the road, we cooked at their site. Near our site were Port a Potty’s, these were the cleanest ones I have ever used. Staff would stop by and clean them multiple times throughout the day. The main bathrooms were a few minutes away. Several camp hosts stopped by and chatted with us, everyone throughout the campgrounds were extremely friendly. The campground has many seasonal campers. There are many golf carts, since this is the easiest way to get around the grounds. We did not encounter any issues with them, it seemed after 8pm there weren’t hardly any by our site.

We used the following amenities:

Miniature Golf – My kids weren’t impressed, took them minutes to complete.
Upper Pool – Was busy, but was able to find chairs, lifeguards were on hand
Activity Center – tie dye t-shirts & ceramics (both for a fee); my girls enjoyed them
Hey Hey Ride – Not a hay ride, but a wagon that takes you around the grounds with Yogi (this was the only time we saw Yogi Bear). The main reason why went on the ride.
Bounce Pillow – My kids enjoyed it
Comfort Stations – The ones by the pool are the largest, at times the floor were icky, but once again saw them cleaning it several times.
Main building/Store – This area was disorganized. Need more staff to accommodate those campers buying items and checking in. Be prepared to wait. Only once did I not have to wait.

We camped here in a pop-up and my kids are 7 & 11.

3  Thank Wildrose919
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I've stayed at Jellystone campgrounds before, so I did not have high expectations. It was worse than expected. We stayed in a "deluxe" cabin. The cabin was extremely small. The bathroom and loft are cramped. We had an infestation of ants in the kitchen, and the refrigerator froze all of our food and could not be adjusted. The place was crawling with people. People noisily tool around the campground in obnoxious golf carts well past 10 p.m. Saturday night there was a loud dance party that went on until 10:30 p.m. Jellystone nickel and dimes you for everything, asking patrons to purchase an extra $15 (per person) wristband for features like use of a trampolne. It advertises wi-fi, but of course you have to pay for it. My kids enjoyed it, and it was nice that the deluxe cabin had air conditioning, but for adults there is nothing remotely charming about this ugly concrete campground.

1  Thank GottaRun77