“Joe salamone shames his family name.”

Salamone's Italian Pizzeria
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Fort Atkinson
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I called in an order on February 13 for pick up. I ordered chicken parmesan and specifically asked if it was breaded. When I looked at it, it appeared to be a boneless skinless chicken breast. The hostess looked and she too, thought it was wrong. I told her I could not stay for them to make it again because I had to go pick up my kids. I then asked if I could just call her back and then they could remake the food and deliver it. She said "absolutely!" I left and called back about 2 hours later after I bathed and put my children to bed. when I called I asked for the manager and I was put on hold twice. Both times the phone was disconnected. The third time when I called back I told the man "please don't put me on hold I've been disconnected twice." He proceeded to argue with me saying he didn't disconnect the phone call. I told him that every time he put me on hold the phone was disconnected. He finally got the manager. I told the manager I was frustrated because I've been disconnected 2 times argued with and the reason I'm even having to call back was because the food i went to pick up was incorrect. Well, Joe didn't want to hear any of it. He stopped me dead in my tracks and told me that the young man I spoke with did not disconnect me two times. I told him that he was mistaken I had called 2 times and both times young man put me on hold and both times we got disconnected. He said "whatever! how can I help you?" I started telling him that I was calling back so I get my food remade and delivered to me. Before I could even finish my sentence he said "yeah, yeah I know all about this. We didn't make your food wrong." I explained to him the chicken was supposed to be breaded not skinless and the hostess also agreed it was skinless not breaded. He said " you were wrong if you want, you can come pick up your food. I've been keeping it in the warmer." I was shocked! "In the warmer?" I said. it has now been over 2 hours and he expected me to eat old dried up chicken and now I was supposed to go pick it up? I said that to him. He said it wasn't his fault. I should have taken the time to talk to him. I explained to him I was never given that option. He went on to say "that is because you were in too big of a hurry." I countered that by saying "I wasn't in a hurry. I simply told your host I did not have time to sit for 20 minutes so you could remake the food." he started arguing the fact that the food wasn't wrong. I again said "it appeared to be skinless not breaded and your hostess thought the same thing! if your hostess thought it was wrong too how do you expect me to know it was correct?!?!" He went on to say she didn't need to know that she's just a hostess. I then said "well between the two of us she should know more than I should considering she works for your restaurant! He started to argue with me again talking about how I should have taken more time. I interrupted him and said "This is the worst customer service I've ever had! Are you really the general manager?" Well, this man's true colors continued to come out!!" He said "No I'm the owner! I'm Joe f______ Salamone!! Don't you ever f______ come or call here again you stupid f_______ b_____! I was stunned, shocked, and speechless! I hung up immediately! I could not believe I was just spoke to that way and all I wanted was some fresh food made. I am self employed and have worked with the public 14 years. I run two very successful companies. There is no way I could ever talk to my customers like that or anyone for that matter! I would never go back there and I really hope people who read this choose not to go because somebody like Joe Salamone doesn't deserve the business. People need to stand up for what's right.I certainly didn't deserve to be cussed at. Joe Salamone took his family business over and truly shamed his family name! Joe Salamone you do not deserve business. With your people skills you should be working alone. YOU SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO DEAL WITH THE PUBLIC! PEOPLE LIKE YOU GIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE A BAD NAME! NOW I KNOW WHY THE RESTAURANT HAD VERY FEW PEOPLE IN IT WHENEVER I WANT.

8  Thank laaloo108

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We live in Fort Atkinson and brought a couple from out of town to Salamone's. We all were pleased with the quality of the food, the cheerful greeting by the hostess and the impeccable service by the waitress. This is truly the BEST restaurant in town.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Took some out-of-country visiting customers here for supper. I hadn't been here in probably two or three years. The friendly, attentive service by the waitstaff was impressive. The food was good - everyone seemed pleased with what they ordered. [chicken wings, calzone, artichoke/spinach ravioli (?or some similar ravioli)]. Free refills of soda came quickly. Nice décor - lots of booth seating. Upon departure, the young man at the door taking the payment was also friendly, efficient, and pleasant - good job staff! Recommended ----

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were trying to find a casual place to dine on Saturday night that would accommodate those who liked pizza, vegetarian fare and one who likes just about anything. We took a short drive from UW-Whitewater and found Salamone's. It is a villa style restaurant with murals on the walls, cozy booths and all types of patrons from families to couples.
We had some appetizers including fried calamari...always a hit or miss when you order this at a restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised to find a nice basket of tender calamari with a light breading. The pizzas were great with a variety of crusts to choose from, lots of cheese, and a great amount of the toppings you selected. The shrimp dinner was abundant with shrimp and the homemade shrimp sauce was great. If you are looking for a place to unwind, have a drink, some appetizers, pizza or other Italian dish, AND at very reasonable prices, this place is for you.

1  Thank HungryGypsy
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The food is good but would stretch to say it's the best. The staff during our meal was a little slow but tolerable. If I have a craving for an Italian beef sandwich, it is the best in town.

1  Thank Chris T