“Wonderful stay for a business traveler”
Review of Rock River Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Atkinson
Rock River Inn
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Wonderful stay for a business traveler”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I found the Rock River Inn last minute while booking a business trip to Fort, when my usual hotel was booked solid, It was a stroke of serendipity that made what is usually a fairly pedestrian business trip in small town Wisconsin into an incredibly fun and relaxing week.

For starters, as a B&B the Rock River Inn is great. As other reviewers have noted, it's a lovely home, redone in various styles to match the owners' travels. I stayed in the Asia room and found it to be more than comfortable, I especially enjoyed the deck overlooking the Rock River. Breakfast was good every day, with plenty of options (a hot dish, Greek yogurt, various cereals, fresh fruit, coffee...). Location was great, as well-- everything in Fort is fairly close, but the Rock River Inn has a good spot right near downtown, but far enough down a residential street to get away from the business "traffic," in addition to being right on the river.

I found plenty of opportunities to enjoy the river (via kayak), and the beautiful surrounding rustic roads (on a run). In both the cases, the owners were incredibly hospitable-- prepping the kayak, giving direction of the best directions to row, and for my run even driving and mapping out a route while I was at work, to match the distance I wanted to cover.

I really can't say enough good stuff about my stay. When headed to Fort in the future, I'll definitely be looking at availability here, before I move towards the chain hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Windermere, FL
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We loved our stay at the Rock River Inn! The rooms are amazing and completely redone in different themes and decore from the owers travels around the world. We all slept like babies in the super comfortable beds with feather pillows, duvets and quality linens. Downtown Fort Atkinson is an easy 10 min walk where we enjoyed the great restaurants (especially the sushi), the beautiful riverwalk, and the summer Saturday morning farmers market! We kayaked the river right out the back door and roasted marshmallows riverside in the evening with a nice campfire, sitting on the comfy adirondack chairs. We are already planning our next visit! Thank you Sue and Steve!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul E
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My boyfriend took me here as a surprise and a gift for doing so well in my tough summer class. I did not know what to expect but it was amazing! Sue and Steve are wonderful people and are the real gems of the B&B. Along with the hospitality of the owners; they have three themed rooms, Africa, Asia, and India. Each room was decorated with real artwork from each place! The rooms were beautiful and set up really well. In our short get away, they took us on the river in their boat; we kayaked, did a little local shopping, and biked along the trails. And that was just a few of the many things we could do. The breakfast was great and really tasty. I would recommend this place to anyone! I had a blast at the Rock River Inn and I plan on going back in the near future!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Asia room. This room had a beautiful view of the river!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sullivan, wi
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I enjoy staying at B & B's and the Rock River Inn was exceptional. It is very unique because the innkeepers have designed the rooms around their travels to Asia, Africa and India. Sue and Steve are great people to visit with and they gladly share information about local places to visit, AND Sue makes a fantastic breakfast!

Marian
MmmRead, LLC

Room Tip: It depends what country you want to visit.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Enjoy the international ambience of this relaxing inn on the Rock River. The bedding is heavenly...great for sleeping in or sneaking a nap! The hosts are world travelers who display their amazing collection of art and unique handmade items in the various suites and through out the home/inn. There is also plenty to do for those who like to walk, hike, kayak, canoe, etc. For the shoppers in the group, there is a large outlet mall only 15 minutes away, along with movie theaters, etc. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: They are all great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Johnson Creek
Riverwalk Inn & Suites
Riverwalk Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Fort Atkinson

Been to Rock River Inn? Share your experiences!