“Very good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Madison, wi
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was a little nervous getting Sushi at a restaurant in Fort Atkinson in general. With this in mind I visited and got something simple to test the place out. I was very impressed with the first visit and have gone a few more times since. I love the ice cream desert! The staff was prompt and courteous.

• Visited December 2012

Neillsville, Wisconsin
“Excellent food...and”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place gets the top rating in Fort Atkinson, and since my family is staying in Fort Atkinson for the weekend, we decided to check out what the town has to offer.
When we went to the restaurant, it was about 6:15 p.m. It was at about 20% capacity, and it did not look particularly busy. This was probably a good thing, because there appeared to be a total of one server in the entire restaurant. Any complaints I may have had about the speed of service (or lack thereof) can be attributed to that.
That said, the time we had to wait the longest was about 10 minutes, and it was between sitting down with our menus and being asked what we wanted to drink. By that time we'd sufficiently made up our minds as to what we wanted to eat, so we just ordered everything. And it didn't take very long for the soup course to come, followed shortly by the rest of the food.
My dad and I ordered bowls of Hot & Sour soup. It came in large, heavy ceramic bowls—with very generous portions for the price. My mom and I split the [Thai] Yellow Chicken Curry, and there was plenty for all three of us. A bowl of soup comes with the Thai meals, and though it's not as big as the individual bowls, it's still generous.
The appetizers look a bit skimpy, but it was plenty for the other things we ordered. They come attractively arranged atop a little lace doily, with a little carved carrot flower alongside. It was actually quite cute.
Overall, I was pleased with the experience. I'd recommend that the restaurant find some extra staff, but that's their concern. The food is good enough; it doesn't need improvement!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Windermere, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place simply rocks the sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Innovative and Delicious! The owner is wonderful also. Walking distance from the Rock River Inn! Try their specialty rolls.

Visited July 2012
Wisconsin
“Terrific food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Wonderful food. Perhaps the best in Fort Atkinson! We love the special sushi rolls and spicy crab pizza! Some of the best sushi we've ever had. Great Thai entrees also! We'll definitely be back often!

• Visited July 2012
Galena, Illinois
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Wow! I was visiting family in Fort Atkinson and we thought we would try this place out. Everyone really enjoyed the food. I had a sushi roll that I can't remember the name of, but it was one of their special rolls with mango, spicy red snapper, crab, and avocado YUM. I had the Tuna and Cherry Salad to start. It was sashimi with cherries, cucumber, and a spicy, creamy sauce. I loved it. At our table a couple of guests ordered the Pad Thai and it was very highly spoke of, as was the General Tso's Chicken, the eel roll, the red curry, and the soups and salads that came with the entrees. I have a two year old who eats everything with no problems, so she had an avocado salad with ginger dressing and also shared some sushi and pad thai. When the chef came out of the kitchen he was very kind to her as well and gave her a candy when we were finished eating.

I was elated with how good it was and the service was very good as well! Next time I will have a bubble tea. I was just too full this time.

• Visited June 2012