I recently had two stays here.
What I liked: The free high-speed internet, very easy to connect to and quicker than the high-speed I've used at other hotels. Only complaint I have is that they had no instructions for those who might not be used to connecting to high-speed at a hotel. Plenty of lighting and places to put stuff. Great shower pressure (I'm picky like that) and some of the most comfortable pillows I've ever had at a hotel.
What I disliked during both stays: Front desk staff not especially friendly. Neither time I was there was I told about the breakfast - I only found this out at a meeting during my second stay. Rooms were not filthy, but not very clean. For example, my white socks were yellowed on the bottom at the end of each day - needless to say, no going barefoot there. Air circulation wreaked havoc on my sinuses.
My first stay was on the 2nd floor. You could literally hear and FEEL people walking around in other rooms and the hall (think of an old house with creaky floor boards). The heat was completely turned off and it took a couple of hours to even feel somewhat warm (temps were barely above 20 during this stay). My second stay was on the 1st floor. I heard the creaky floors above me only once. Window would not lock and screen looked as if someone had tried to pry it away. Kind of creepy. Twice I had to get my key cards redone because they wouldn't work.
As with any hotel it had its ups and downs, but I probably would not stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated close to the Rock River and just off Hwy 12 and Bypass 26, the Holiday Inn Express(R) Hotel & Suites Fort Atkinson provides corporate and leisure travelers with quick access to everything from businesses to shopping malls. When searching for Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin hotels, remember that we're minutes from Spacesaver, Highsmith, Metal Container, Cygnus, Jones Dairy, Nasco, Fort Atkinson Memorial Hospital and Hoppe North America. The 600-square-foot meeting room is a great feature since it gives our guests the ability to host events for up to 40 people. We also provide free Wi-Fi access and A/V equipment so your event can go off without a hitch. You're in luck if you're searching for a hotel in Fort Atkinson that's near the Fireside Dinner Theatre. Head to this playhouse with the entire family for a front row seat to the area's best shows. For the history buffs, we're just down the road from Hoard Historical Museum, National Dairy Shrine and the restored Fort Koshkonong, which dates back to the Black Hawk War in the early 19th century. We're sure you'll enjoy amenities like a Fitness Center, a game room and an indoor pool. Try the free, hot Express Start Breakfast Bar, featuring our famous cinnamon rolls, before you explore Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin. Our hotel's friendly staff is available all day to help you make your reservations for an unforgettable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Fort Atkinson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Fort Atkinson Hotel Fort Atkinson
- Holiday Inn Fort Atkinson
- Fort Atkinson Holiday Inn