“wonderfull wonderfull wonderfull”

The Fireside Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Freeport, Illinois
“wonderfull wonderfull wonderfull”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

great watresses---great food- could not have been better. Large buffet and a wonderful dessert. Drinks were fantastic

Visited October 2013
1 Thank NANCY R

Muskego, WI
“Wait-staff is wonderful, food is.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My dad bestowed upon me a birthday package from The Fireside Restaurant and Theater. The birthday package included getting our pictures taken by our server, a tropical drink, an appetizer, a small chicken breast covered with ham and Swiss cheese, a small tenderloin covered with a sauce, snow peas, and a sweet potato. For dessert we had a small piece of carrot cake. I also got a small gift bag with a birthday card, a loaf of bread, and a wonderful 6"x6" dessert of a shortbread crust with a wonderful, heavenly topping of honey and pecans.

The package also included tickets to "Run for Your Wife," a comedy playing in their theater.

The play was most enjoyable but the food was so mediocre. It was so surprising because the Fireside enjoys such an awesome reputation. We had two lovely lady servers who couldn't have been sweeter.

I think the thing that's sticking in my craw is the price. For my husband and I and the above mentioned, the cost was $200 and that didn't include the tip. Like I mentioned before, the food was just so-so. Surely not what I expected nor remembered from our last visit years ago.

We did go to the Fireside a few weeks prior and had the fish fry which was excellent. One of the people in our party had the chicken which wasn't very good and no one ate it.

My recommendation would be to eat elsewhere and just come for the play.

• Visited August 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful place, but found going for buffet-only not as good a value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's always a treat to come here, and I've enjoyed so many dinner theaters and Friday fish fries (excellent always!). Took some family members for the recent Father's Day brunch, and it was the standard Fireside buffet I've had many times. The food was good (but mostly ho-hum), good selection (although much the same as always), and the service was efficient and friendly. So what more could you want? Well I have to admit, when paying for the buffet separate from a show, at $22.95 per person (before tax & tip), it seemed a little pricey, for good - but mostly average food. My favorite things on the buffet were the pancakes and sweet potato fries - delicious. The salad and the dessert - brought individually to the table, were also nice. (Just a suggestion - I know space can be tight when a show is sold-out and they have to get hundreds of people served, but I wonder if they couldn't display the food in a more attractive way, other than the standard, lines down each side, cafeteria style.)

• Visited June 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Outstanding Friday Night Fish Fry - seated before 5pm for free dessert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I had reservations for 4:30 and upon arrival - there were quite a few other people either seated or arriving. I would recommend reservations - if you are seated prior to 5pm - free dessert and it is worth it; same quality and size as if you ordered it off the menu! We took ours to go - since we were both quite full from dinner. The servings are generous - I took over 1/2 of my dinner home; I like the option of fish only or fish and chicken. The apple sauce served with the potato pancakes is freshmade - sliced and marinated in a red cinnamon - wow, so good. The bread is freshly made in their bakery. For the quality of the food - friendly service - serving sizes = it is well worth the reasonable price. We will return -

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food good, Service better. The Theatre makes it a hit!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The food I'd okay. Nothing special. The service is pretty good. Probably is one of the better fish fry's around. And is fairly priced. Dinner and a show is the way to go though. The Theatre is very cool! . They have some really great performances as well!

Visited March 2013