“Terrible”

Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

Not a good expierence. We arrived at 530 on a snowy friday night to an unplowed empty parking lot. My wife had to walk through 4 inches of snow in the drop off are to get in the place. We were hasseled we had no reservations which i can understand if the place was busy, but it was absolutely empty!! We went over to the bar to meet the couple we were dining with. Us four waited at least ten minutes to get a drink, mind you us four were the only ones at the bar. The hostess seemed pushy with us to get us to our table. All we wanted was to have a drink before dinner. Once we got to our table the service got worse. We ordered our fish fry and water for everybody, along with another round of drinks. Our waitress forgot our drinks and water! We were served our food, which us men were served first, and the women had to wait for theirs, which is wrong and unclassy. The food was definitely nothing special, not to mention the portion was the size a 3 year old could have finished. We finally got our water after we were done with our food. All in all the service was terrible, will never go back again. Save your money here and go to the Fireside, they are established and professional.

• Visited January 2012
4 Thank Jason B

“huge disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

We went to a wedding there. I could tell the couple put a lot of work and thought into everything, and it was a beautiful wedding. However, everything the restaurant was in charge of went wrong, and they did nothing to correct it. They didn't set out enough chairs, the sound system went out and they didn't even try to fix it. We couldn't hear anything the minister, bride, or groom were saying, and they had to cut all the music out, even the precessional. If I had a wedding booked there, I would think again. Having a bride in tears because the venue drops the ball is inexcusable.

• Visited August 2011
9 Thank Lynn88_70
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Delicious food, good service in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

I recently had the pleasure of enjoying lunch at the Central Coast Restaurant while on a day trip to Fort Atkinson. Upon arriving, my companion and I were greeted by the friendly hostess and given a brief tour of the attractive bar, club, and restaurant. We were struck by the classiness of the decor and the abundant art work. This was obviously the result of the owner's passion for food, wine, and entertainment. After being seated, our helpful waitress began service that proved to be friendly and efficient without becoming obtrusive. We both ordered the grilled four cheese sandwich that was delicious with its side of dipping sauce as well as fresh tasting salads. Perhaps the most remarkable part of lunch was the desert - we chose the flourless chocolate cake to split. Upon arriving at the table, it looked like a nicely presented large brownie. One taste, however, proved that this was a culinary triumph. The cake literally melted in our mouths blending a rich dark chocolate flavor with a light texture and the added tastes of the accompanying strawberries and whipped cream. The entire experience at Central Coast was very pleasant and I will make a return visit in the future to sample one of the interesting entrees on the dinner menu.

• Visited July 2011
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
“Hidden Gem in Fort Atkinson, WI!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

My family and I visited Central Coast for dinner for the first time on May 20, 2011. We purchased tickets to attend the Comedy Sportz show at Central Coast and dined in the restaurant before the show. We dined outside on the beautiful patio and began our meal with the crab stuffed portabella as an appetizer - it was wonderful!! I ordered the Chef's special of the evening, scallops, which were huge and cooked to perfection! My husband had the Friday Fish Fry (only $12!) and my children ordered the filet and penne mac n cheese from the children's menu (only $4 each!!). I was surprised at how affordable it was for our entire family to dine here for the very high quality of the meal. It was a wonderful dining experience, from the attentive service to the outstanding quality and flavor of the food, to the price. The dining room was busy, but our waiter was very personable, friendly, and attentive the entire time. Our family really enjoyed the interactive Comedy Sportz show. My husband and I ordered the Funny Bone drink special during the show as well and it was delicious and inventive! We were so pleased to find such fine food, service and entertainment right in our home town! We will definitely be back to dine and for many future events as well! I can't wait to see what Central Coast has to offer for their lunch menu - it will be a regular dining stop for sure!

• Visited May 2011
Jefferson, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellence in Fort Atkinson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

We, my husband, daughter with her 2 month old son and myself give this restaurant a 10 out of 10. We went on a week night and there was only one waiter, but he handled all of the tables as if we were his only table to work with. The food had a beautiful presentation and tasted even better.

• Visited April 2011