“Romantic and wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fontana
Lazy Cloud Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Fontana B&B and Inns
Greenville, South Carolina
“Romantic and wonderful”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband and I got married in Lake Geneva, had our reception at The Geneva Inn, and chose The Lazy Cloud Lodge for 3 days before honeymooning at The Biltmore in North Carolina. It was the PERFECT place!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We have stayed here twice. First for our honeymoon in June 2010 in the Log Cabin Suite. Then in January 2011 in the Newman Suite. Both rooms were wonderful! Our favorite part is definitely the double whirlpools in the rooms! The breakfasts were delicious and the amenities wonderful! The grounds are beautiful and it is just a short drive to Lake Geneva. I would definitely recommend Lazy Cloud and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Atkinson, IL
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We met up with two other couples at the Lazy Cloud Bed and Breakfast to surprise our friend for her 40th birthday and also while there my husband and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary. We were so impressed with the Lazy Cloud B&B. It is just far enough away from Lake Geneva to get away from the hub-bub of the busy town but close enough to drive to each day. We stayed in the Log Cabin Suite. We loved it! Our suite was very spacious with a big living room and seperate bedroom. It was very clean. The bed was comfortable. My husband's complaint would be that the toliet lid didn't stay up but that didn't bother me a bit. :) He also didn't like not having a tv in our room but the main lodge has a tv so you can catch up on news and weather there. I have to say that we loved the "Dollar Game." In each suite is a journal to write down your thoughts and there are also clues to hidden dollars in your room. It's addicting! We found 15 of the 18 clues and then left one of our own. The complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and chocolates were a nice touch and delicious. The breakfast was also delicous. Everyone that worked there was so friendly and genuine. The grounds are beautiful and peaceful. The yard games were fun to play. I loved the twinkle lights that came on at night. So many small touches make Lazy Cloud Lodge Bed and Breakfast a wonderful place to stay!

Room Tip: Go to the Lazy Cloud B&B website.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 23, 2011

The wife came out a totally new person. The night at the enchanted treehouse suite re-awakened our love for one another. So cozy. Perfect room for cold winter nights. The windows allow you to see the bitterly cold outside. But the beautiful centerpiece - a 360 degree fireplace 0 is capable of warming the suite so warm that you do not even have to be dressed :-) They have years and years of journals in the room that previous guests wrote comments in. We wrote our own. Some guests have set up nifty little hide and find adventures that you can follow. I would only do this if you are staying for more than one night. We were there one night. We did not have time to waste.

There is a super cozy dining room table. Do eat dinner in.

We will be back.

Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed February 20, 2011

What a wonderful place to stay. My girl friend and I stayed there for v-day and had the best time. The place was clean, the staff was very friendly. Cannot wait to go back again

Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Overall, my husband and I really enjoyed our Valentine's Day at the Lazy Cloud B&B (they also have the Lazy Cloud Inn closer to town). The Hayloft Suite was spacious. I picked the Lazy Cloud due to the gas fireplace and huge whirlpool tub in every suite. Unlike most 'double' tubs, you can actually fit two adults in it! They provided complimentary wine, chocolate covered strawberries, tea lights, matches, bubble bath, robes for the stay, blow dryer, curling iron, hairspray, shampoo/conditioner, and a romantic board game. Another reason I chose this B&B was because they offer in-room massages, cakes, flowers, etc as add-ons.

If I could change anything, though, I'd request black out shades, a TV/DVD player, and a full breakfast. Perhaps a big breakfast is only provided on the weekends, I'm not sure. We were offered carmel rolls, cereal, fruit, hard boiled eggs, and beverages. While this was still tasty, we prefer more substantial fare.

West Branch, Iowa
Reviewed February 18, 2011

What a great experience! Lazy Cloud is a fantastic place to get away and just be together. So romantic. The 2 person tub was the BEST! The staff was so friendly and helpful, very personal touch. Will be back again for sure!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fontana
The Ridge Hotel
#6 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Comfort Suites Lake Geneva
Comfort Suites Lake Geneva
#10 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to Lazy Cloud Lodge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!