“Not great” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of 240 West

240 West
Reserve with OpenTable
240 West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Fontana
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Savor contemporary renditions of classic American food at The Abbey Resort's signature restaurant, 240° West Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. We've thought of everything, such as wine and food pairings, and a delightful menu that reflects our farm-to-table philosophy with dishes like strip steak and Chilean sea bass. The mood is set with beautiful panoramic harbor views of Lake Geneva, although you can order take-out, too. Our casual atmosphere is influenced by wine country, with reclaimed wood beams, rich jewel tone fabrics and a large stone fireplace. Set your compass to 240° West for a dining experience you won't soon forget.
Gurnee, Illinois
“Not great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

The service was not bad nice kid ( Sean ) but the salads came out wrong and wasn't as cold as it should be. My wife ordered the lobster special it was chewy.. I had a strip steak asked for it to be cooked medium it came out WELL I didn't want to wait for a new one so I delt with it. The manager came over ANC was very nice bought us desert. I would be hard pressed to visit this place again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sara S, Guest Relations Manager at 240 West, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Redpoppie,

Thank you for review. I have shared your experience with our team so that we may better improve the experience. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again and exceed your expectations.

Rockford, Illinois, United States
“Excellent Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

The food was excellent. The restaurant newly remodeled and had a great atmosphere. The staff all were very good. I would go back again.

Visited July 2014
Dawn P,

Thank you for your five-star review of 240 West. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our new restaurant. We look forward to your future return.

Kind regards
Sara Schmitz
Guest relations manager
chicago
“240 West”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Fontana grill got a full redo. The place looks really cool and warm. Food was excellent. Not cheap but a good value. We had brunch here on Sunday as well and it was very nice. Piano player plays trumpet at same time as piano. Very talented. Now called 240 West. We will be back. One of the best spots in Lake Geneva. Nice view of the water.

Visited June 2014
Sara S, Guest Relations Manager at 240 West, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
240 West

ChicagoTravelsAlot,

Thank you for your 5-Star review of our new restaurant 240 West. We are very excited about the new look, name and menu. We appreciate your kind comments about the food, service and entertainment. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind regards,
Sara Schmitz
Guest Relations Manager
“Friendly Service with Harbor Views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

The restaurant has the typical breakfast options. I enjoyed a delicious egg white omelet. I was able to substitute fresh fruit for the hash browns. I had a nice view of the harbor. If I was staying at the resort again, I would eat here.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Traveltheglobe09,

Thank you for your review of 240 West. I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable dining experience. We look forward to return visit.

Thank you!

Been to 240 West? Share your experiences!