“nice place”

Fontana Country Inn - Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fontana
Fontana Country Inn - Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fontana
Elgin, Illinois
“nice place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

nice quiet place loved fire pit and gazbo room was clean people nice fall colors very nice in area

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jeffy171

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chicagoland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

After seeing the pictures of the inn, we were very excited about our overnight stay, but we were incredibly disappointed with the property. Staff were friendly when making the reservation and when we checked in. Plus, there was a very nice basket of goodies waiting in the refrigerator. The downside is that the property is very shabby and poorly maintained and showing the effects of rough usage. There were cigarette burns on the carpeting and furniture; room was very dirty and full of cobwebs; and the room had a musty smell that an overwhelming air freshener couldn't cover. The most disconcerting thing of all was the room security: our door was only secured with a very flimsy, bedroom door-type of lock. My husband ended up putting a chair under the doorknob to protect us while sleeping. Yes, it's a small town and we never felt at risk, but why take a chance? I now know why a room was available for a last minute trip. Skip it and find someplace else to stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank QTownGal

Travelers are raving about these Fontana hotels

Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

The place was great!!! Rooms were very clean and tidy. The welcome basket was a plus. I spoke with Dawn and Jeff on a couple of occasion and they were very helpful. Very nice people to have working there. I was reading some of the other reviews and I was just blown away from some of the things that were said about this place. It was nothing like that when my spouse and I were there. I dont know if they had a bad day so they took it out on the people working there,and the place they were staying at. But we are very sad to see things like that wrote about the Fontana Country Inn- Suites. I dont believe any of it and we are already making plans to come back again at the end of summer. Thanks for a great time!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kittykat88
chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

What a Dump this Place is the Tenants sit out back and smoke dope . Bugs all over the place when i check in i seen their living quarters and now i know why this place isnt clean its the tenants the should be fired. Their kids coming and going inthe middle of the night.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chicagokid31
Arlington Heights
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

we thought the amenities were very good.we enjoyed the quietness and the view was fabulas.the young man was extremely heipful with all our questions

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank relaxation077
chicago, illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2009

As I always read reviews about hotels and trips, etc. We usually make our decision with these reviews. We tried booking at the Abbey and it was totally full, we tried several other places and also booked. So really our only option was the Fontana Inn and Suites. As we checked in we tried looking for the Lake view which they show on their site behind their gazebo. I don't know how old that picture was, but you could not see the Lake anywhere, maybe the trees got so big it covers the view. BTW this was our 1 year anniversary and we were very excited about going on a romantic getaway. When we arrived we had room #11 with the jacuzi (the red room). I understand why they call it the red room, the room was of 80's decor red carpet on the ceiling with the stereo built in and a mirrored ceiling. There were cob-webs on each corner of the carpeted ceiling. Coffee stains on the nightstands. The smell was so musty that my husband and I went out and bought a bunch of scented candles. The coverlet smelled so musty we were scared to sleep on the bed, what was even more scarier is that it looked like there was a white stain on the green blanket and blood stains on the sheets. The pillows had stains which looked like someone has slobbered on them and they were never washed. The jacuzi we never used because it had white stains inside the tub. When I took a shower the next morning, I was putting body wash on the wash cloth and there what do I see, a nice sized bug on my wash cloth which made me scream in fear for my husband. There was one nice gesture, they leave cheese, crackers, wine, muffins and juice. If I were you spend a little more money to stay someonewhere else. You will truly be dissapointed with this place, trust me.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank pepper5469
Schaumburg, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

Recently, my husband and I visited Lake Geneva for the first time. While the downtown shops & restaurants were well-kept and the people very nice, our first impression of the area very nearly sent us home in disappointment. We originally had booked our stay with Fontana Country Inn-Suites and not only were the rooms poorly kept, but the owners (who don't even live in the area) were unprofessional. At first glance, the outside desperately needed some new paint, the tub had layers of soap scum, the sink drain in the bathroom was broken, and there were stains on the carpet. I tried to start the fireplace and the door fell off in my hand. The real problem that drove us away was the overpowering air freshner that gave both of us a headache in the 90 minutes that we were there. My husband called the office to tell them that we would be leaving and to ask about getting a refund. The lady in the front office was very supportive and called the owners (who lived in Michigan) immediately. Their solution to the problem was to charge us half of the total bill "because we had stayed there so long before bringing it to their attention" $92 for 90 minutes? It was unfair, but we simply could not stay with the horrible air freshner that was making us sick. I Looking at the pictures of this inn, it looked like a quaint little Lake Geneva getaway and we were very excited to stay. What a disappointment when we arrived - we almost went home in frustration.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hisnhers_adventure
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fontana
Maxwell Mansion
#1 of 7 in Delavan
Geneva Inn
Geneva Inn
#1 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to Fontana Country Inn - Suites? Share your experiences!