“Ok food -great beer selection”

Gordy's Boat House Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Fontana
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whether you are looking for a light afternoon snack, a delicious entree, or just a few well poured boat drinks Gordy's has got you covered. Located in Fontana on the west end of lake our waterfront restaurants offer a stunning view of Lake Geneva while you dine. We offer a few different dining options to meet your every taste. Gordy's Boat House bar/restaurant is our signature restaurant serving lunch and dinner daily, a wide selection of beer, wine, and cocktails, including our local favorite - margaritas, and in season on weekends we also offer late night dj and dancing. Gordy's Surf Shack is open seasonally June, July, and August and serves fresh deli sandwiches, salads, smoothies, French fries, ice cream, and more. Gordy's Cobalt Lounge (upstairs Boat House) can be reserved for private parties and has an absolutely spectacular view of Geneva Lake. All are located in the Heart of Fontana's Lakefront, so come by boat and dock on one of Gordy's 3 available piers or enjoy our boat valet service during Marina business hours. Located on the waterfront in Fontana you will enjoy some of the best views of Geneva Lake while you dine.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My ribs were a bit dry, food with our group looked ok. Chicken Marsala was fab. Server was very nice, I liked the atmosphere

Gordy's M, Owner at Gordy's Boat House Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear you had great experience. We look forward to serving you again!

There are newer reviews for Gordy's Boat House Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed September 9, 2013

As another reviewer stated, the AC is turned up so high in this place, you literally need a coat. It's freezing. This is one of those places that looks like it will be great when you walk in, but the experience is just so-so. I ordered a Bloody Mary, which they promote as being their own mix, and was disappointed. Way too much Worcestershire sauce, IMO, but I guess everyone likes theirs a little different. The beer chaser is always a welcome Bloody addition. We ordered the cheese curds, which were fine, but not memorable, and split a salad, which was ok. We ordered the pasta and the fish tacos for entrees. The fish tacos were very dry, and the fish tasted like perhaps it was yesterday's re-purposed special. We had to order more sauce for the pasta because it was also very dry. I'm giving Gordy's three stars because when it comes to restaurants in Midwest lake or river towns, we have yet to find any really good ones. Gordy's is pretty much the same as all the others we've encountered. Just make sure to bring your coat to this one.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went here with a friend while staying at the Abbey Resort. The salad was essentially iceberg lettuce. Chicken quesadilla was okay. Cheese tasted like velveeta instead of a nice cheddar. Atmosphere is fun and the view is great, but would probably skip it next time I'm in town.

1  Thank Illinois1
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nothing special about the menu - the usual burgers, sandwiches, salads. All food coming out looked good - my chicken sandwich was average. Staff is very friendly. Clean place, nice rest rooms. The little bar outside with tables and games is a nice touch for enjoying the beautiful waters of Lake Geneva. Great for boaters coming in off the water as they offer valet boat parking. The guys at the pier were total professionals and very courteous. Will go back next time we're on the water!

1  Thank htaylor75
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My only reason for 4 out of 5 is that I don't want others to feel this is fine dining, its not. But for casual meals (very family friendly), accommodating for Gluten (as we saw this past weekend with visitors), Gordys does a great job. Tortilla Soup is generally available and awesome, Burgers very good, Fish Tacos my favorite. Frequently they have Pork el Pastor tacos, I have heard very good. Staff is always accommodating (esp with kids). Wine list is actually better than one would think, my wife also loves the build your own Bloody Mary on the Weekends.