1,550 results
All reviews lake geneva waterfront restaurant adult pool steam room girls weekend grounds are beautiful harbor view room hot tub from chicago game room great weekend fire pit spring break the room was nice up to date wedding smores
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I desperately wish I were leaving a good review. I love The Abbey. We got married there ten years ago. The low rise buildings, the laid back lake vibe...it has a nostalgic summer camp feel that made us fall in love with the place! Since our wedding we've been back a few times but have spent more weekends at the Grand Geneva. This was our ten year anniversary weekend so we wanted to go back to The Abbey! We were genuinely excited to go back. I'd read about some of the remodels and that was promising. The lobby is beautiful. Modern woodsy, I love it. But my Abbey joy ended just about there. We spent an afternoon at the spa. Massages were great. The pool area was fine. Not a single sauna was working which was a bummer, we'd been looking forward to a sauna. The lounge chairs at the pool need new cushions. They were pretty stained and beaten up. But overall, the spa was fine. Not spectacular but I'm not mad at it. Our room (harbor view king) was great for the view. The rooms are big. But they need a serious remodel. The wallpaper was literally peeling off the walls. It's exactly the same as it was ten years ago and it was getting sad then. I do appreciate the large showers. My main problem was that we spent $300ish dollars a night for 2 nights and housekeeping never came to our room. It wasn't cleaned in spite of the fact that we weren't in it for a huge part of the day. They simply never came. I called in the late afternoon and asked them to come. Eventually, I gave up on that and called back because I just needed clean towels so I could shower and we could make it to dinner reservations. An hour later I went to the front desk and asked for towels to be sent to the room. They told me housekeeping had been busy. Okay, so hire enough staff to handle full capacity weekends maybe? On my way back, I found a housekeeping trolly thing and got my own. No one ever showed up at the room. I don't know if they saw me get towels and not. None of this would make for an unacceptable stay at an $89 a night Holiday Inn. But, that's not what this was. So, back to the Grand Gevena for our Lake Geneva weekends. I'm very disappointed.

One last note, lunch at The Waterfront was great and I would recommend eating there. Brunch at 240 West was also good. I would not recommend it for dinner though. The food was not great. It tasted like it was made for a wedding reception buffet. And, there is a good chance it was. Go somewhere else for a nice dinner.

1  Thank Layla T
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

look elsewhere,bang is not what u pay for, dirty rooms, mold in bathroom,be aware they take money beyond the cost of room and hold for a time, out dated must have been a nice place in the the 70's,make sure you dead bolt your door, had some one walk in are room at 10pm,

1  Thank jkilro264327
RebeccaR3733, Guest Relations at The Abbey Resort & Avani Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for providing your candid feedback. I do apologize that your stay did not live up to expectations. I hope you give us another chance in the future so that we can give you a five star experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spa is outdated, uneven floors, walls ripped from floors. Pedicure was not exceptional. Couples massage and facials were good. 4/5 robes I used in the spa had holes and tears. Dry sauna in women’s locker room never worked one single day I was there. Dry sauna near pool was not working for last two days we were there and two staff members told us they didn’t even realize it was not functioning. Front desk computers not working properly as receptionist verbalized “the computer just doesn’t want to work with me today” several times and while on the phone when we booked. We informed them the we’d be celebrating a mini honeymoon and my birthday and was told “I’ll put a in note about it” in our booking but our celebrations were never mentioned even after inquiring. They did upgrade us to a room for the room not being ready when we checked in. It’s a good place to get a way for a little while. Not a resort we’d frequent. We heard the couple in room next door arguing and apparently slapping and pushing each other as we heard what sounded like furniture and things being thrown and the man verbalized the woman slapping him. The food was good. House keeping was great. Bartender at one spot was very attentive. And the view was okay. We had people sitting outside on our room balcony smoking. Overall, we’d consider this spot again for when we’re a much older.

1  Thank Chicagosuburbs1
RebeccaR3733, Guest Relations at The Abbey Resort & Avani Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your mini-honeymoon/birthday celebration at The Abbey overall, but am sorry to read about the areas where we fell short. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff so that we can improve our service. I hope that we do see you again in the near future so that we can give you a five star experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked the Flavors of Fall package. Only received the bottle of apple wine that was part of t he package. Had to ask for the vouchers for the pumpkin spice lattes at Café Latte and the voucher for dozen apple cider donuts from the Apple Barn at checkout time because they were not delivered to the room. Then a 10 mile goose chase to get to the Apple Barn to collect the donuts that was unexpected.
Also ordered the Champagne and Strawberries package that was also never delivered to our room.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RebeccaR3733, Guest Relations at The Abbey Resort & Avani Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry to read that you were not given the inclusions of your package upon check-in. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager and she will be addressing this with the front desk staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We will also check to see what happened with your amenity. I'm sorry our service fell short and hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Abbey property is simply beautiful and offers so many things to do whether you are there with family or seeking to escape with friends or your spouse. We enjoyed having drinks outside at the Waterfront Cafe and listening to the bands at night. The spa is amazing, but if you want even the most basic service, be prepared to lay out some cash as they are expensive. The only thing that we did not enjoy during our trip was our dining experience at their 240 West restaurant. It was very understaffed, not clean, and the food was sub par. However, everything else was just what we were looking for in a weekend getaway.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Dana B

Thank you for your rating and feedback, Dana. I'm glad you enjoyed your time at The Abbey and Avani Spa! I will share your comments regarding 240 West with restaurant management. I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.