“Good, but needs a bigger menu!”
Review of The Peebles Grille

The Peebles Grille
Ranked #75 of 137 Restaurants in Fond du Lac
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We visited on a Saturday evening--were a little bit surprised that the place wasn't busy. Perhaps we were early or the carryout pizza crowd reigns on the weekends. Anyway, we enjoyed our dinner but wished that there had been a few more options on the menu. My husband and I are trying to make healthier food choices these days. It would have been nice to be able to order a veggie-laden sandwich with a bowl of soup, or maybe an appetizer that was baked and not fried. But, in the spirit of "whatever," we forged ahead and tried the stand-up roast beef sandwich, mozzarella sticks, and a burger. Very tasty, and half of the very large roast beef sandwich became my lunch the next day. Other than the limited menu and curiously cold dipping sauce for the mozzarella sticks, we enjoyed our visit and will be back to try the pizza next time!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've heard of this place a few times now from friends, so my hubby and I decided to check it out for lunch one day. Cute place! There is a decent, casual dining area and then a very nice bar room. We chose a bar table in the bar. Food and service were excellent. Portions were huge, so if they suggest a half sandwich, you can believe them. The onion soup was also very good, and at less than $2 quite a bargain as an add on.

We returned last Friday night for dinner. The place was hopping! Turns out I recognized the owner, Heidi, from past locations, so that was a bonus for me. She mentioned that she makes everything from scratch. We decided to go with some Friday fish. I had the 3 piece breaded cod, and my husband had the breaded shrimp. The cod plate was way too much food for me, I think the 2 piece would suffice. Very good, fresh, not greasy. I'm kind of picky about my Friday Night Fish. I enjoyed a glass of their house merlot, and it was enjoyable.

This is the small town, homey place you want to come to where you run in to friends and family. So far we are extremely impressed and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten there several times. My favorite is this roast beef sandwich that is cut in half in a loaf and standing up with cheese. They also had a special of giving away a Stella artos glass with drink. Nice place. Will be even better when getting the dining room finished. Great start up

2  Thank mx07419