“Birthday Meeting”

Applebee's
Ranked #72 of 139 Restaurants in Fond du Lac
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Ate here for lunch to celebrate a family birthday. They set us up in the "sun room" area where we could push a number of tables together. The staff was very helpful and the food was good. In a convenient location just of the highway and a central location for all the family attending. I had the bacon cheeseburger and the wife had one of the salads. I'm sure we'll go there again.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Applebee's is a good choice if there is a mobility problem. There are two exits and a person can easily use one of the two. They are also good at getting a table close to a bathroom or the door if requested. This evening we were celebrating our mothers birthday. Her food looked delicious and she ate almost all of it. I am stuck on culvers fish, so when I saw the menu picture I knew I would order that, as it looked just like culvers! Well, the square highly breaded fish I received was a disappointment, to say the least. The taste was ok, under all the breading. Another person at the table sent his steak back as it too way too done and another persons food came out after everyone else was almost done eating. The service was slow, very slow. Waitress was nice but not very attentive or timely with the food. All in all, I wouldn't have to go back

Reviewed April 6, 2014

First of all, I didn't expect much from Applebee's to begin with. We just moved here in January, the first night after arriving we decided to order online. I got a strawberry lemonade with my meal & the only option available was a 32oz. When we showed up there was no hostess by the door & no one approached us to help. We had to walk over to the bar to find someone. We got our orders but not my drink, I had to ask for it. The guy starts filling a kids sized cup which was about 5oz. I told him it was supposed to be 32oz. He tells me that they don't have cups that big and asks me if I want two of the small cups... We decided not to go back but its the only restaurant around here with a variety of food. So we went there for dinner the other night (Saturday night). Of course there was a wait of 15 minutes. We waited almost 30 minutes and while we were waiting we saw about five empty tables that never got filled & workers that were just standing around talking. When we were finally seated we noticed even more empty tables.. There shouldn't have even been a wait. Now I understand that there was an important basketball game on but they had the tv so loud that we had to yell in order to hear each other, it was ridiculous. But our waiter was friendly and the food was good. There's a good chance we won't be back.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We checked in and everyone who came after us were seated for at least 20 min. After 50 min wait I checked with hostess and he stated it would be at least another 25 min wait. Obviously a very overworked hostess with no communication skills or ability to accomodate customers. I will never again visit this restaurant.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had not visited this location in quite some time. Nothing much changed, just older and some remnants of smoking smell. Okay, but not worth the price. Seating away from booths very cramped.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!