“Best duck in Wisconsin!”
Review of Sunset Supper Club & Lounge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sunset Supper Club & Lounge
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have a group of 10-20 who have traveled to Fon du Lac for 20 years to attend the annual EAA airshow in Oshkosh. Part of the annual tradition is dinner at The Sunset Supper Club for their roast duck special. We phoned in advance to let them know we'd be ordering 9 servings and were treated to the most succulent duck covered in an amazing not too sweet citrus sauce. The new owner/chef truly has made a good dish exceptional. Members of our large party also had the prime rib and the bar-b-que ribs which were also prepared to excellent standards.
The prices are quite reasonable and every member of the staff greets customers with a cheerful smile and a willingness to make your dining experience a pleasant one. Without doubt The Sunset Supper Club is a quality restaurant.

2  Thank Nancy M

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The view over the water is awesome, but we found our food (prime rib) very average. Recommend you order something simpler like a burger. This is obviously caught between an old school supper club and a bar/grill, now very casual attire and mostly older crowd. Bar area was extremely busy for a Thursday night.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was our first visit to a supper club that has been in the Fond du Lac area for years. A new owner, a new look inside and more of a casual dining rather than the supper club atmosphere.
When we arrived we waited at the bar so we could get a table by the windows for a GREAT view of Lake Winnebago. Their are also tables in the bar area to wait at and have your favorite adult beverage. After a drink our window side/ lake view table was ready. They have a wonderful array to choose from. I had the Swiss steak melt, wife had a cheese burger, friends had a King of the ring burger and a hamburger. You have a choice of salad or several kinds of potato included. I had the salad and it is not just a few leaves of lettuce and some dressing like you very often get. Between the sandwich and the salad it was all I could eat. Everyone in our party agreed with me that their food was done perfectly. Prices were very fair for the portion size and the view of the lake was a wonderful bonus.
If your in the area stop in for a drink and a delicious meal. You'll enjoy both the meal and the view of Lake Winnebago.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I came here recently with some friends that wanted to check it out as it has recently been re-opened. When we first arrived we sat at the bar and had a few drinks while waiting for our table. The chips at the bar were amazing! They seemed homemade, not like chips you get out of a bag. The spices on them were good, too. Overall, the menu had quite a large selection, but I was expecting it to be more steak and fish fry type food; it was rather casual. My food was decent. This is probably my fault because I ordered something I would not normally get: a prime rib sandwich. It looked very good on the menu but I hate fat on my meat so I spent a lot of time cutting the fat off the meat and most of my sandwich was thrown away due to this. I ordered a salad as my side and that was good. Our waitress was not overly friendly and seemed as though she got annoyed with some of our questions regarding the menu. I’d come here again and give it another shot at trying something different.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Soup and the baked potato were cold. A medium rare ribeye was done well with the burned side flipped over by a barehanded waitress. A medium well tenderloin was raw in the middle and was still raw when brought back to the table 10 minutes later. Item was removed from our bill but we were charged for the cold baked potato and a salad that never came with the meal.