“Great potential-needs work”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
“Great potential-needs work”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

This is such an interesting building and could be so much better. We arrived after 9 on a Sat night and were glad they were still serving. I had been there for lunch on the patio and wanted to see the inside at night. It was rather noisy which I guess has to be expected but the lighting is really harsh and glaring (big bulbs in ugly fixtures) and spoils the lovely architecture. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive, tap beer and house wine were good and food was average. We had meatloaf and a burger on rye. I don't know why FDL can't support a restaurant that would offer a better quality of food including more local and healthier options. This place has the potential to do better.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Badgergirl66

Wisconsin
“Potential Gold Mine misses the mark”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Good food is hard to find in southern Fond du Lac County. When most dining options are taverns or food choices that are limited to 'fried, fried or fried', I am always excited to find a restaurant that offers "real" food (this is the only restaurant within a hour radius that serves fresh green vegetables). The filet was a perfectly cooked medium rare. My only criticism was that it was inconsistently seasoned, but the flavor was wonderful. My husband had the Pork Schnitzel and loved it. The creamed spinach was magnificent - but a portion large enough to serve 8. I did take it home and enjoyed it for several days. Service was adequate at best. Our soups were served with a dessert spoon. No water was offered and when it was ordered, it came with a lemon full of seeds. Drinks were set on the table without cocktail napkins leaving puddles of water on the table. We had to ASK for cocktails, water, take home boxes and the bill. Wait staff is very young and seemingly inexperienced. Our 'Server in Training' (that accompanied our server) was very friendly, well dressed and eager to serve. Our regular server was neither trained or experienced enough to be proficient or comfortable in this environment. This restaurant has the opportunity serve a neglected population willing to pay for good food - don't make me drive to Milwaukee every time I want a decent dining experience. This restaurant has a great location, ambiance and food - TRAIN YOUR STAFF!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank AlwaysEatingOut
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“beautiful building”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The building Trinity is located in is beautiful! I tried a "green apple" pizza which was good, but next time I would try something different. One of the nicer restaurants, ambiance-wise, in Fond du Lac.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank little_rigger
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our second time there, was very similar to our first. Horrible service, Our food was cold when we got it. At a table of 8, the last person to order got their food first, and the last person to order got their food about a half hour after the first person was done eating. Definitely will never go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank youngfdl
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, bad service”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My brother was visiting from out of town and I took him to this restaurant. The last time I was here was almost a year ago and nothing has changed is seems. The service is still terrible, the staff does not know the menu, the wait staff is not dressed very nice, however the food is good. My first glass of water tasted like detergent so I asked for a soda and when it came out the container obviously needed changing because it tasted like fizzy water. Then I ordered a salad wedge with no blue cheese crumbles and it took 4 trips to the kitchen for the order to come out right. My brother was not impressed and again neither am I. I live here is Fond du Lac and am not sure I will ever be back. their web side needs updating too.

• Visited September 2013