“Great Location”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Fond du Lac
IL
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

This hotel was remodeled a few years ago but it still is in pretty good shape. Our room was in good shape but others in our party had rooms that were a little worn. the staff responded to all of those issues quickly & to their satisfaction. It is in a great location on main drag within walking distance of many bars & eating areas. The beach is walkable from here but is a short ride in the car. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Carla R, Front Office Manager at Hotel Retlaw, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good that the staff were accommodating to you and your group. We appreciate your review and hope to see you again.
Thank you for staying with us.

Carla Riutta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

The hotel is very nice and has a nice historic and elegant charm. Although the hotel staff and food was good, I had some strange experiences while staying in my room. During my first night on the 7th floor, I had some unusual things happen to me. In the middle of the night I felt someone tapping my back/shoulder area, waking me up from my sleep (no one was around, but my husband who was sound asleep). The next day in the afternoon while alone in the room the bathroom light turn on and off by itself, while I was across the room. After I asked for a room change from hotel staff, I experienced other unusual things in my new room, which was on the 5th floor. As I brought my luggage into my room, I heard footsteps following me into the room, but when I turned around no on was there. I would hear banging on the most exterior wall in room in the middle of the night, which woke me up several times during the night (seemed to happen everytime I was about to fall asleep.) I never felt alone in the room and could not get a good nights sleep. If you are into paranormal activity this hotel is the place for you!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Heather S
It seems like you had quite an experience here. I am sorry to hear you couldn't get a good nights sleep. I wish you could have been more comfortable. I hope the staff were accommodating and helpful with your room move. Thank you for staying with us and also, thank you for sharing your review.

Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel, with very friendly staff and excellent service! All this and free covered parking, too.

We especially enjoyed the fitness center with all its nice equipment - and of course "J" who was very helpful and fun to be around.
Breakfast at Cibo was a big hit - in part because of Mary, our morning waitress.
In the evening, we enjoyed drinks at the bar - and bantering with the bartender - and then dinner at Cibo. Best food and service we've had in eons!

Would definitely stay at the Ramada in Fond du Lac whenever we are in the area!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Carla R, Front Office Manager at Hotel Retlaw, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to here that you enjoyed our services and our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

La Grange, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here for business. Older hotel. Some updating would be nice. Very convenient. Big covered parking structure. Staff was great. Large fitness center had a lot of equipment, but older. Restaurant in hotel is a surprise. Food is very good quality at a reasonable price. Drink specials in the evening were a bonus. Hotel and rooms were very clean. I would go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us while in town for business. Our hotel is historic and because of this it does need constant updating but we are in the remodeling process. I am glad to here that the facilities in the hotel were useful to you and also that our staff were accomadating. We hope to see you during your next stay.

Front Office Manager
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

The room we booked at the Ramada was acceptable. Nothing special or out of the ordinary but clean and well stocked. Our room was located in a block reserved for a friends wedding. The rooms available were two double beds which was fine except for the fact that my fiancee and I had to sleep in separate beds making our stay a little less ideal. The ice machine was inoperative making hauling it up from the 4th floor less than desirable. Another disconcerting factor was the card left in our room stated it was last cleaned in mid-September...we were there the 3rd weekend in October.
The bride and groom had arranged for the hotel to shuttle guests to and from the wedding reception that was approximately 10 miles away. Many of us were planning on taking advantage of this courtesy service. After letting the front desk know that 6 of us were in need of a shuttle to the event, we waited a 1/2 hour until a dilapited green Pontiac Montana van pulled up in front of the hotel. The 6 of us climbed in and squished ourselves into the van and then held on for dear life for the thankfully short ride to the wedding. As the service manager of a large Chevrolet dealership, it was clear that the van was in desperate need of repair as the brakes were grinding at every stoplight, making most of our stops quite scary. Especially since those of us in the back were unable to use our seatbelts.
As we arrived at the event the driver, who informed us she was the night manager, said she would be returning at midnight to shuttle guests back to the hotel, but we could call at any time if we would like to leave earlier. This is where our main issue began...
At about 10:30 my fiancee and I decided to head back to the hotel. I called the hotel and the gentleman who answered the phone told me that the shuttle would be taking off momentarily to pick us up. So we waited, and waited, and waited some more until an entire hour had passed. I called the hotel again. This time I spoke with a young lady and very politely (despite my annoyance) informed her that I had called for a ride over an hour ago and was curious if someone was infact "on the way". She was quite snippy and responded with "Are you a guest at the hotel?" Seriously? Why would I be calling if I wasn't? I said yes and without apology she said "they are leaving right now". Ummmm, weren't they leaving an hour ago? We waited another 20-30 minutes (now almost midnight) and finally were taken back to the hotel in the van of horror. On the way back the side sliding door would not latch correctly so I was left to sit, unbuckled, next to a door that could fly open at any moment. Fun. There was no apology given for our ridiculous wait and upon arrival to the hotel we retreated to our room.
Most hotels have some sort of room service. On the menu, no hours were listed. When we called the room service # we got voicemail. Voicemail with no message, no hours, no information, just "you have reached voicemail...beeeeeeeep"
Thank goodness for smart phones. At least we were able to look up a local pizza place and have food delivered.
We made a quick exit the next morning without so much as an apology OR a thank you. I doubt, unless forced, we will stay there again...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel is older but usually clean and service is fast and efficient. It is close to the downtown so that is why we always stay here when in Fond du Lac.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
West Bloomfield, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

The hotel was older but very clean and pretty. The staff was really nice and helpful. The hotel is located in downtown Fond Du Lac and close to the waterfront park, restaurants and freeways. The workout area, pool and hot tub were great and very clean.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family