“Can't go wrong with a stop at the Main Exchange”
Review of Main Exchange - CLOSED

Main Exchange
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Excellent Food, Legendary Drinks, Historic & Unique Atmosphere a Place of Tradition in Downtown Fond du Lac, WI
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I moved from Fond du Lac in 1988 but whenever I'm visiting there I always stop for some great food. Check their website for daily specials, http://www.mainexchangefdl.com . Not hungry? They also have a great bar with free serve-yourself popcorn. The Main Exchange is located right on Main Street. Last time I stopped by (July 2012) they had Mexican food specials and their Friday Fish Fry is really great.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

A co-worker and I went here for dinner in July. I can quickly sum this restaurant up. Try someplace different. The service was terrible and slow, the food average and the interior old and musty. We went here after seeing a brochure about it and thought it sounded like a cool old restaurant with some history. The inside is old, bland, dark and musty smelling. Upon arrival we sat down in the bar area. They were not busy at all with about 5 people in the whole area. The bartender ignored us for five minutes before shouting across the bar and asking if we were there to eat. Then told us to go upstairs if we wanted food. Upstairs they were not busy with about 10% of the tables occupied. The service was extremely slow. Often it felt like our server didn't care we were there. The food itself was ok but certainly not worth a revisit due to the service and poor interior of the building.