“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Fond du Lac
Draper, UT
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I liked this place - a lot. Slept like a baby. comfy bed, not too noisy at all. The morning breakfast was also fine - nothing fancy, changed it every day we were there. Very clean rooms, very nice staff as well. I will be back, for sure!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
tjstrassburg, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you for the great review. I am glad you liked our new beds. We are getting many compliments on them. We look forward to your return when you come back to Fond du Lac. We hope to meet or exceed your expectations again.
Tara Strassburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel is probably the nicest in town, plus you don’t have to drive all the way out to Appleton or whatever small town is up North of Fund Du Lac. The Holiday Inn down the street is older but I haven’t stayed there in 2 years so I'm not sure if the rooms have been updated, more on that later. The staff at the Country Inn was great, especially the hippie-ish girl with the glasses, think her name was Tara she was great and the girl that check-me in, she had a nose stud and was nice (and pretty) and got me an upgrade since I am a Club Carson member, so I was happy. I like the Country Inn chain but there Club Carlson has a bit to be desired when it comes to earning points, it just takes toooooooo long to get any sort of status; and I stay at Hotels 2-3 weeks a month. Here is my only reason why I would not stay there on my next visit. The Holiday Inn has a very nice BBQ steak house in it, with a great bar with NTN Trivia. I have been platinum with Holiday Inn for going on 10 years and when I went to the restaurant/bar for dinner one night I found out that if you are staying at the Holiday Inn and have status with them YOUR GET DRAFT BEER and WELL DRINKS for FREE from 5PM to 7PM every week night, including local favorite Spotted Cow (try it and if you don’t love it you can post against me). I will take a sub-par room for free alcohol any day of the week, Plus the food was great and during Packers/Brewers games you get 25 cent wings. So if I were you I would opt to stay there if you are Priority Club status with Holiday Inn for sure. But if not I recommend the Country Inn, it was clean, breakfast was good, and the staff is top notch.

Room Tip: Tell Tara Hi!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
tjstrassburg, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to Fond du Lac. We hope that if your travels bring you back, you do chose to stay with us.
Miami, Fl
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Felt like a bed & breakfast. Very nice and clean. The front desk clerk was very friendly, recommended us a nice restaurant and was very helpful. The room was spacious and very clean. An incredible value for the rate.

• Stayed August 2012
cx_fdlw, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for the great review. We strive to make every guest feel like they are at home, while staying at our hotel. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to this area.
Reviewed August 4, 2012

During a recent stay I was very pleased with this hotel, my room and the services offered. After arriving on a very hot day it was a very pleasant surprise to find the staff offering free bottles of ice water and trail mix for a snack. Check in was fast and efficient. I had booked a standard king room but the room I received was a 2 room suite. It was very spacious, complete with a fridge and microwave. The room was clean and well appointed. I didn't eat the free breakfast so I can't comment on it. I tried to print a document on the business center computer and was disappointed that the printer was broken. Finally at $260/night the price was outrageous but this is because the EAA air show was going on and every hotel within 100 miles was full and in the $200-$300 range. Overall my stay was very good and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
cx_fdlw, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us and people know about your exprience at our hotel. We strive to give every guest a great expeience. We look forward to your return.

So Cal
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have to give this hotel a few dings due to some issues that really shouldn't have come up.

On the positive side, the employees seem to care about your experiance for the most part. The breakfast is pretty good, about on par or slightly better than the mid range Marriot breakfast offering. The price is very nice for what you get here and everything outside of the rooms is mostly clean.

Unfortunately, the problems come with the rooms. I visited here during a hot summer week. The rooms comes with a temperature thermostat that doesn't run unless there is movement in the room. That would be fine if the AC could cool the room down quickly once you arrive. Unfortunatley, it can't. Everytime I came back to the room, it was stale and stuffy and took a long while to cool down.

The cleanliness issue was with the scuff marks all over the walls in the room which no one bothers to clean (makes one wonder about the rest of the room).

Of most concern however, is the cigarette smoke smell in the rooms on the 3rd floor. I changed rooms twice and still the smoke remains. It's almost if someone is smoking in the ventilation system which blows to all the rooms. Three days later and the smell still remains.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
tjstrassburg, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
I apologize for the issues you had at the hotel. We do have an energy program called Focus on Energy to help with our carbon foot print. Unfortunetly, no one can predicted temperatures to be this extreme and for this long. I am not sure what room you were in or if it was reported to the front desk. We would have been more than happy to have looked at the unit. Some did need recharging this summer with the heat. I apologize again. As for the scuff marks on the wall we are in the process of painting all rooms, but it's a big house and it takes longer to complete. We hope to be done by October of this year. We are a smoke free hotel as of 2 years ago. Unfortunetly at times we do have guests that smoke in rooms and do not not follow rules. We do the best we can to clean the smell of smoke, but at times it can linger. I hope that if you ever get back to the area you give us another chance. And Thank you for letting us know about your experience.
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We came to Fond du Lac for a wedding. The hotel allowed us to check in early because we were able to travel faster than anticipated. When we got there our room's AC was not working properly. We spoke with the front desk and Joseph got us into a new room in 5 minutes. The night staff was very helpful, and Faith seemed to almost live at the hotel. The breakfasts were very nice. The hotel shows some signs of age and repair, but nothing unsightly. Great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for the great review. The tempatures when you were here, were extreamly hot. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and if your travels bring you back to WI we hope to see you again. Thank you again.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Traveling over 4th of July for family birthday in Fond du lac, Wis. Hotel was picked by sister, who is very particular about hotels. She was also very impressed. All aspects of our stay were more than great. Love the waffles and strawberries for breakfast. Great coffee and other food choices. Absolutely fantastic staff, had answers to all our questions about the area. Could not have picked a better place. I will be back!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. We had a great time with you and your family as well. I do have to tease you a bit though. You did take the heat back with you !!! Again Thank you and we hope that if your travels bring you back to the area we see you again.