Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fond Du Lac
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Fond du Lac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Dirty, even when you book the suite you get two towels. Never again. I have stayed in hotels with bad reviews, but this one takes the cake! The front desk girl is a doll but owner is a nightmare. Do not stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The price couldn't be beat, but you get what you pay for. The reservation was messed up, but it got resolved on the 4th day we were there. The motel was not very busy; there were a lot of empty rooms. We had the hardest time getting towels - 4 rooms with 3 or 4 people in each room for 4 nights. We had 0-2 towels in each room. We asked multiple times for towels, but they didn't have any and would bring them later - which didn't happen. Wifi worked only 25% of the time. Door keys didn't work and had to be redone several times a day. No blankets on the bed. No bedding for the pull-out sofa sleeper. We didn't need/want any extra luxuries; all we wanted was to sleep, shower, and use internet occasionally for our jobs. But we couldn't do those 3 basic things because of a lack of towels, blankets, and wifi. Will not stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Fond du Lac hotels

Iowa City, IA
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here one night. It was clean, I will give it that. And the front desk person when we checked in was very friendly and helpful. (I cannot say the same for the fellow in the morning when we checked out - whoa! he needed some coffee or something because he could just barely be professional and forget about friendly!)

Our room was small. That's ok and about what we expected. It was clean. Always good. However there were several issues - none for which we sought resolution considering it was just one night. The remote to our TV didn't work. The room was freezing when we first walked in. We turned the heater on before we left for dinner but it didn't truly warm up til about 2am, when we realized we were lobsters boiling in a pot... and we had no moisture left in our bodies because of the dry heat.

I could have handled the so-so heat if we'd actually had a decent blanket on the bed, or another one in the room to add to it. It was "summerweight" at best. There was barely a mattress pad on the cracker that was substituted as a mattress. You could easily see through the flimsy bottom sheet to the bare mattress beneath. We had a miserable night of "sleep." Our friend across the hall complained that their walls were so thin they were kept up all night by their neighbor's snoring and cell phone.

So, yes, it's a budget hotel and I kept this in mind as I wrote this review. But none of these complaints are out of line with a budget hotel. Does the place do in a pinch? Yes. But I wouldn't choose it again if I had options in the same price category.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Blaine, Minnesota
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband has his military drill in this town & I came with him for a family function & we stayed at this hotel Friday night & Saturday night. Breakfast food very stale both mornings. Multiple people had issues opening there doors with there cards. The doors were very old & would take at least 5 tries to get the hotel room door open. I asked the manager if they offered a late checkout since my husband has drill until 5pm and she said her house keeping only works until 12:30. Which is weird to me since they say checkout is at noon. So they are just hoping everyone leaves before noon? She said if I wanted to stay until 5 I would have to pay an extra night. I told her I was willing to pay a charge for staying an extra couple of hours but I didn't want to pay for another night. Apparently this manager doesn't understand what customer service means. I doubt the hotel is completely booked on a Sunday night. She should have taken the extra income.

• Stayed December 2013