“business stop”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Fond du Lac
West Saint Paul, Minnesota
“business stop”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Always look forward to staying at this property. On Friday night their excellent restaurant has fish specials. Great breakfast buffets. Coupons given for free drink. Looks like families come to enjoy the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for room near an entrance.....rather large facility.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for the review. It's always great to hear when our guest's enjoy what we have to offer. Value is the key in todays world and it sounds like we met your expectations which is our goal. Again we appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us. See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
DeKalb, Illinois
Reviewed August 31, 2013

First, the staff could not have been more polite and helpful. We asked for a quite room and they accommodated us with a room toward the back that was very clean and comfortable. The restaurant and lounge are very nice and I thought, reasonably priced. The breakfast that was included gave a good variety at the buffet or you could order off the menu. Since Fond Du Lac is not a very large city, everything of interest was easily accessible within a 15 minute drive.

Room Tip: The rooms by the pool can be a bit noisy, but if you have kids that like to swim, they are very conv...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. These reviews are so important to us so we know what we do well and what we need to improve on. I share these reviews with my staff weekly and I know it really makes them feel good when they hear they are pleasing our guests. Thank you for writing and for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Amenities: Pool and courtyard a bit old but fairly acceptable
Food: Good but not great. I did enjoy their buffalo wings and beer.
Hotel Room: Comfortable. I have nothing to complain about.
Location: It is next to the highway but not a walking distance to parks (i guess this location targets people other than me who likes to take walks)..and this is the reason for one less star.
Service: GREAT!!! They sure have friendly service! I would definitely recommend and come back to this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your comments with my great staff. They really do understand how important service is. The next time you stay we will tell you about the nature walk right down the street. This hotel is located in the industrial park so we are somewhat limited. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate what our guests have to say. We hope you will return soon.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is fabulous! Everything from the front desk staff, rooms, pool area to the restaurant/bar. We have stayed here multiple times as our daughter attends college at Marian University. They give a discounted rate for the college so make sure you let them know if you are staying with them to visit the school! The rooms are always clean and the pool area is great for the kids. There is an arcade and shuffle board along with the large pool and hot tub. The restaurant/bar has great food and the staff was great! The same waitress (Mel) served us both nights we stayed and remembered what all of us had to drink when we returned for the second night. I highly recommend this hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for the very nice review. My staff loves to hear these great comments since some reviews can be negative rather than positive. They are a great team and treat our guests as if you were a part of their family. It sounds like you had a relaxing visit. Yes we do have a special rate for families visiting their college students. I'm sure we will be seeing you more this year. Once again, I want to thank you for writing a review and letting us know about your experience with us.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel is a gem. Rooms are comfortable and the showers have world class water pressure. The restaurant food is decent and fairly priced. All of this pales in comparison to the great staff. This place is clearly well run. Of note during our visit was the waitress/bartender running the bar on a busy Saturday. We had dinner in the bar and despite the crowd, she went well out of her way (with a smile) to ensure we were fed and watered. As busy as she was, she even indulged a few requests at our table for silly Ice Cream drinks. If I were her I would have said no way. She may have made a face (good natured) but was on it without a fuss. Also worth mentioning was our waitress the next morning at breakfast. I needed an Ice Pack for a swollen eye and she helped me out with any ice pack and ointment for the road. I am sorry I missed their names. They should receive recognition for a job well done. This is our 2nd stay at the HI FDL...I will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
You just made our day and I can't wait to share this with my staff. As I have said in a lot of these reviews I have a great and caring staff, which is hard to come by these days. They treat our guests as if you were visiting their home. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to tell us how you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope the ice pack helped you on your ride home and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had an outstanding experience at this Holiday Inn. Every staff member was extremely courteous and helpful. They went out of their way to make sure that they did everything they could to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. I was there for a business event and they were very accomodating. The food was excellent. The customer service was great, and I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rick W
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for the great review. Once again, I can't say enough about the great staff I have. They really take pride in what they do. We all have such busy schedules these days so thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write. We never think twice when we have a bad experience to write a comment but when things go well it is so easy to forget to take the time to write. We hope to see you again soon.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nice place for business meetings
The Holiday Inn in Fond du Lac is an older facility however it is well kept, maintained, clean and has well above average welcoming staff.

We have had several meetings at this hotel. The hotel has meeting rooms of varying size.

The meeting room we were in today was a mid-size room with a large board room table. This meeting room had its own private bathroom. The large board room table had many outlets which met our power consumption needs with us all having laptops, tablets and smart phones.

One side of the room had a whiteboard and the other had a large monitor / flat screen TV.

The hotel has complementary high speed internet. The internet is secured so see the front desk for a username and password.

The hotel took our lunch order in the meeting room and had our lunch waiting for us in the dining room at the time we requested. The service and food was excellent.

The easy access to the highway, central location between Milwaukee and the Green Bay/Fox Valley area, excellent service and staff and clean well kept facility caused us to book our next meeting as we were leaving.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelVlogger
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for writing about our meeting facility. I believe this is the first review on business meetings which we do a lot of. Our location is great for meetings since there are four major cities around us within a hours drive. I was happy to hear that your meeting went well and we met all your needs. Again, I can't say enough about the friendly, caring, and hard working staff I have that make it happen. We look forward to seeing you at your next meeting in Fond du Lac and thank you again for the nice review.