“Disapointed”

Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Fond du Lac
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Before rating this Hotel I gave it the bennefit to make sure my poor stay in the past was not a fluke by staying twice as I am a elite member and stay at Choice Hotels for business. What makes this hotel Poor are the members of the staff in my opinion. Leadership well is a reflection of the people hired........ Net Net stay at Holiday Inn

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Brock W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered a bad stay. I would like to let you know that our staff always tries to do what ever they can to make someones stay memorable and enjoyable. We like to provide a great service and at a great price. We will go out of our way to make this your home away from home and we haven't had a problem with anyone one of our staff members in a long time. If you would like you are welcome to contact me directly and discuss the issues that you encountered.

Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac

Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is a nice clean hotel, great price and Excellent Customer Service at Front Desk. The rooms are clean and roomy. They have a good breakfast each morning. The Front Desk Staff is
very friendly and accommodating!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy W
Brock W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We try to provide the best service possible at the hotel and I am very proud to hear that we are doing that. The service at the Front Desk is the most important because they interact with guests all the time and to hear that they are going above and beyond to make yours and others stays more enjoyable is very good to hear.

Thank you!

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed here with one of my girlfriends and it was a great place to get away for a night. They have a nice pool, although its not the biggest it is pretty warm. We really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and its nice to see that the hotel had scrambled eggs. It is also priced pretty well for the quality. A great deal.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Brock W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for your kind response. We try to put out packages to attract local members of our community as well as people out side of Fond du Lac. I am glad to hear that you had a good stay and hope that you will come back in the future for another getaway from your home. We try to keep our pool heated it is relaxing to take a swim.

Thank you again!
Brock Winkler

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Realize it's a Comfort Inn when reading this. Well maintained. The deal on the room was really great. Can't imagine getting a room that big elsewhere. It's not the Taj Raha (although my first room smelled like it... see below), but well worth the price!

Had an issue with a room that smelled like a Bombay kitchen after a spice rack explosion and the staff was awesome about switching rooms. The room WAS clean, but a previous guest was likely foreign and left a nasal footprint.

Someone else mentioned about only a few towels being in their room which was true (not sure about that... cost savings?), but I'm travelling solo, so two were more than enough for me.

The curtains in the first room could have been heavier, but I must be part vampire because I like a room pitch black at night and will go out of the way to make it dark. I struggled on the morning. The replacement room curtains look much better and stop more light.

Cheap, safe, and nice staff.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank GJMaxx
Brock W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

I am excited to hear that you had a good stay with us. I do apologize for the problem that you did have to deal with right away with the room smelling. Sometimes after a long term guest checks out it is hard to get the stench of the food out quickly. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy your second room and that you found it clean and safe. Our staff really enjoys when people have great stays and they pride themselves when people leave satisfied with their service. Thank you again for staying with us at the Comfort Inn and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

My family and I stayed here last month while attending the auto races at Road America. Everything about the hotel was great, plus the service. The double beds are too small for two people. No one in our family slept very well.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
dstahmann, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do plan on putting queen beds in the next time we renovate because we do get that comment often. We hope you will return soon and again thank you for your comments. We certainly use these reviews to make our hotel better for guests.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My family and I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in Fond du Lac for 2 nights. I had classes all day long and my husband and stepdaughter were at the hotel. They had a great pool and small game area that they got a lot of use of. Breakfast was a vareity of options, so there was something they both would eat. They let my husband have a late check out on the last day so he did not have to ride around town for 5 hours waiting for me to be done.

Check-in was great. I had an advance reservation and the gentleman at the front desk that evening had us checked in and on the way to our room within 5 minutes. The day staff was wonderful with the check-out. The housekeeping was great and we even had another housekeeper stop in and make sure we had everything we needed.

It was a great place for a family to stay. We will be back again, the next time we are in the area!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
dstahmann, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Thank you for the review. We are so glad we exceeded your expectation during your stay with us. The Comfort Inn has a lot to offer for being a limited service hotel and a staff that really takes ownership and pride in their work. Our goal is to make you feel like your at home with us and it sounds like you did. We hope to see you soon. Again thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to tell us how you enjoyed your stay. It really makes the staff feel great.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I was very surprised at how big my room was, it included a kitchenette area with full fridge as well as an area to get work done. The location of the hotel is very convenient. Staff was very courteous.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

I'm glad to here you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a few rooms set up with a kitchenette for long term guest stays. Our location is very close to many major businesses as well as a few minutes from shopping or other local activites that bring guests to the Fond du Lac area. I thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope you will return to our hotel soon.