“Bad food, bad service, a total waste of money”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Pancake Cafe

Pancake Cafe
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Fitchburg
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Bad food, bad service, a total waste of money”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I ordered the strawberry crepes when I got them there were no strawberries on top as per the menu, the server begrudgingly returned to the kitchen to get me 1 whole strawberry cut thinly to go on the top, the strawberries themselves were bitter with no sugar on them the crepes were thick and rubbery, not paper thin like a true crepe is supposed to be. My husband had the Western omelet which had lots of ingredients in it but no flavor, unlike the menu description which states that "the delicious flavors will be hard to forget" so they were just putting in raw vegetables without cooking first which would release the flavors and definitely no seasoning was added. The pancakes were obviously made in bulk then kept warm as they were dry and chewy. When the server asked if everything was alright we starting telling her that we were not too happy she was obviously in automatic mode as she said thats great and kept walking. When we went to go pay we noticed a lot of half eaten meals left on tables. When we went to pay and told them that the food wasn't the best they said "oh well I will let the staff know" there was no apologies or anything. Do not waste your money on this over rated establishment!

• Visited September 2013

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“Don't waste your time or money.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Traveling through Madison was excited to find a breakfast place as such, the menu looked and sounded great. I mean it was voted best in Madison for last few years. I want to meet the voters
great diversity on the menu without being page after page of options.
I had the spinach hollandaise crepes with potato pancakes. I have never had a potato pancake I couldn't eat it was that bad. Mushy tasteless obviously frozen and microwaved. Actually everything had been microwaved. My company had huevos Rancheros with soggy tortilla chips. It said home made refried beans but they seemed to be the dry bagged sort with water added. My crepes were re more egg than flour which was obvobvious from coloring and flavor. Inside spinach was slimy and the flavor seemed strange. please do not waste your money.
The service although friendly she forgot our oj and water three times. Had to ask twice. Plus the owner was talking business in the middle of the restaurant for anyone to here. Not professional. Barely edible. Don't do it

• Visited August 2013
Baltimore
“Decent menu”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Sure, there are better breakfast/brunch places other than Pancake Cafe. Service is definitely slow, but it's got most of the breakfast items you'd expect. Nothing original, but it's good nonetheless.

Pancake Cafe definitely doesn't stinge on the quantity per plate. You'd come out stuffed. The apple pancake and the German pancake are pretty good and huge in size. Their Belgian waffles are mediocre, as are their crepes. The regular breakfast items, such as eggs and breakfast meats, could be better, but it's not bad.

Overall, Pancake Cafe is average. It's not located in a busy part of town, so I'd say this is probably one of the better places within a 10 mile radius. Just be prepared to slow service.

Visited October 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Thick sliced bacon and pancakes”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Your first question when reading this review is probably: "What to expect?"

Have you been to IHOP? Well, pancake cafe is just like IHOP. Their menus are similar, the service is decent but there is nothing outstanding about neither food or service.

I did enjoy my breakfasts (I came back two days in a row).

• Visited July 2013
“Robust breakfast”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here several times over the years when visiting family. During our last visit the baked apple pancake was ordered. Oh my, what goodness. The thick cut bacon is also good. Always dependable breakfast.

• Visited June 2013