“Nice Hotel but Bad Beds”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fitchburg
Wisconsin
“Nice Hotel but Bad Beds”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I think when they built the beds they got the plans messed up and ordered granite in place of mattresses. I have never slept on a bed that was that hard. I have seen blacktop that was softer in the hot sun!!
Aside from the terrible bed that gave me a back ache, the rest of the hotel is nice.
The pool area is top notch with a large hot tub with waterfall, a play area for the kids, and a decent sized pool. The pool is only 4ft deep but has two basketball hoops.
The staff was very friendly and courteous and had good information when asked.
The breakfast was pretty good for a hotel breakfast, not as good as say Denny's but still pretty good. They served items such as scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and french toast.
Overall, the motel was clean and in good repair. It was in a nice location if you are visiting the west side or downtown of Madison. I have stayed at other Country Inns and this was up to par with the other Country Inns but just had very bad beds.

Room Tip: We had the "family suite". That is a great choice if you have kids. It gave the kids a s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carol R, Asst General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Ben - I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree- Our pool area and breakfast menu is usually a hit with our guests. I am sorry that the beds were not to your liking. I will look into seeing what other options might be available. I look forward to seeing you on your next stay and hope to meet and exceed your expectations at that time. Safe travels and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel is a 5 minute drive from Madison's Beltline. Close enough to get you where you need to be, but far enough from the hustle and bustle. The hotel and the outer grounds are very well kept. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the rooms are clean. We used Priceline when booking and got a decent rate. Definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Carol R, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Hello - I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us here at the Country Inn & Suites. I look forward to seeing you on your return stay.
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here multiple times and have had a good experience each time. Location is good, just outside the loop, but close to UW and easy to get to center of town. Good base of operation for day trips.
Good water pressure even on third floor room. Beds are on the firm side, but still ok. Breakfast is standard fare served on real dishware not plastic. Nice touch. But I would recommend Pancake Cafe across street.

• Stayed June 2013
Carol R, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello - I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope that on your next trip through this area you stay with us again!
Milwaukee
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A very solid hotel, friendly staff and a great pool. We thought all the rooms were suites, but they aren't but the staff brought up a roll-a-bed. The pool has an amazing slide and a great shallow area for little kids, sturdy pool basketball for the teens and a huge hot tub for the parents. Plenty of free parking. A really good breakfast though they could use scrambled eggs instead of or in addition to the hot gravy (which southerners would appreciate).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello - I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our breakfasts change daily, so please stay with us again in the future and check it out! I look forward to seeing when your travels bring you back this way.
Superior
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Recently stayed for nearby business. The hotel appeared to be newer and well kept. The lobby, breakfast room, and guest rooms were well appointed and clean. I did not use the pool area, but it appeared nice and had a nice sized slide and activities for children. The breakfast was nice with many choices of both hot and cold. The hotel supplied a shuttle to my nearby business classes, which was very convenient. However, the times that the shuttle was available was limited. Other times during the day were not guaranteed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Carol R, Asst General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Good Afternoon - We are very glad that you were able to stay with us during your recent trip and enjoyed your stay. I'm glad the shuttle was useful as well. We look forward to seeing you in the future as well -
Onalaska, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at Country Inn & Suites on April 16th - 18th. Two of the three mornings I had to take cold showers, because the hotel said everyone was taking showers at the same time, therefore no hot water was left. Unacceptable!
The hotel does have a nice pool and hot tub area. The rooms are typical, not the cleanest though.

Room Tip: Get up super early for a hot shower!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Carol R, Asst General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I apologize for the lack of hot water and the staff reaction to your situation. We did just install a new hot water heater the first of this month so your comment is a surprise and I will have maintenance look at it immediately to ensure that all is performing as it should. I assure you that by your next visit we will have this situation rectified and look forward to exceeding your expectations.
Tomah, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We combined my Birthday and his Christmas present for the weekend. We stayed at Country Inn & Suites Madison SW. We have excellant room with very nice people the hotel was so clean and comfortable. They even provided a shuttle to our event at the Alliant Center. It was so realxing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Carol R, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello - We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for both of your celebrations!! We look forward to seeing you in the future - stop & stay anytime!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fitchburg
Wyndham Garden Madison Fitchburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West
Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest? Share your experiences!