“Very accommodating staff, clean hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fitchburg
Santa Barbara, California
“Very accommodating staff, clean hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Hotel is close to the freeway so you might be aware of which room you take.

Room was large and well appointed and there was a very thick curtain to keep the morning sun out.

Bathroom door was awkward and made access to the toilet difficult. You don't want to be using the potty if someone opens the door.

A pretty good breakfast is included in the overnight rate and they use china, not plastic! We checked out on Sunday morning at 6am and breakfast doesn't begin until 7am but when we asked about it the day before the manager arranged for some help to come in early to make sure we had something. She didn't have to do that.

Gym and pool we didn't use this time but we do know the gym is small. This isn't a problem however, as the staff will give you a tag enabling the use of either Gold's gym or Anytime Fitness at no cost both just a couple hundred yards away.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Reservation was messed up, even though I made it IN PERSON. When I asked, there was alot of shifting the blame and no offers to improve situation.
Check in was frustrating. People at front desk seemed confused.
If you stay here, be sure to call local number to double check your address and reservation.
Sink leaked.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Everone is so friendly and accomodating This place exists 80% for Epic and it shows. The shuttle takes you there in the morning and afternoon, and will pick you up at epic for the airport with your luggage in the shuttle.
Rooms are clean comfortable and fresh. No room safe though. They will keep laptops in the office and have a safety-deposit box there also. Breakfast looked nice, but I did not eat there.
Fitness cener us a small room with a elliptical, a bike and 2 treadmills, but hot no ability to control temp
Indoor pool with a great looking kids water park type area.
Way out in suburbs though.
Gig

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

Our room was ready and waiting. Check in was easy and the staff at the desk really made you feel welcome. The room was very clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable, it normally takes me a while to feel settled, but I relaxed right away.Breakfast was good with a nice variety including oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs, fresh fruit and really a really nice assortment of teas. Only complaint, I wish the bars of soap were larger, they were teeny tiny. All in all worth the price.

Room Tip: I booked on Expedia and got a good price.
Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

I travel to this hotel regularly to do college recruiting on campus. It's on the right side of town for me, and I can make only a few turns to get right into downtown Madison. Walking distance to one upscale restaurant on one side and a bowling alley on the other. Plus only minutes away from several dining choices & Target for any last minute purchases of items you may have forgotten. Nice hot breakfast too!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

This is a nice place to stay. Things that I like about it include: it seems new and clean. The lobby and rooms are nicely decorated. There is a good continental breakfast. The hot tub is nice. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Things I would like to see improved: I thought the windows were quite leaky and there were tremedous winds a couple nights we stayed there. The curtains would actually blow away from the windows, not excesively but enought to notice. There was a continous fan in the bathroom that we thought was noisy from the outside wind, but on the third day when the winds died down the bathroom fan was still very noisy.
There were 4 of us that travled toghter and none of us slept well, I am not sure why as the beds seemed OK. I might have preferred a firmer pillow. However we were all glad to get home to our own beds.

Despite the concerns I listed, I know I will be back at this hotel again in Dec, Jan and Feb and that is fine by me. I liked it more then I disliked it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Neenah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

The room is your basic hotel room. It was clean, had no odor but no pizazz either. There was a microwave and fridge. The beds were not comfortable, the beadspreads were rough and thin. The fan in the bathroom would not turn off. We called the front desk and they said they knew of problems but they couldn't fix it. We were discounted $40 off of our two night stay. If I could, I would have cancelled and moved to the Holiday Inn after the first night. Breakfast was ok. They had waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, fruit. The warm food was not warm and the eating area very crowded. After breakfast I decided to do some reading in the lobby near the fireplace. It was comfortable but the girl behind the desk talked on a personal call for about 20 minutes and she kept putting them on hold each time she had to help a guest. The pool area was nice. It has a smaller water slide area and a big hot tub.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fitchburg
Wyndham Garden Madison Fitchburg
Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest? Share your experiences!