“WOW!”
Review of Quivey's Grove

Quivey's Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
Quivey's Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Fitchburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had lunch at their Stable Grill twice in 4 days. If you appreciate great food served in a beautiful rustic stone & log building, then this is your place. Our servers, Jennie and Jenna, were great. This is our favorite eating place in the Madison area. We especially enjoyed their pretzel encrusted chicken sandwich called "Springfield Corn".

Reviewed November 16, 2012

It was a dark and stormy night... (I thought that might get your attention, but it REALLY was a nasty October night!) There were 3 of us having dinner for our monthly ladies night out. I had come across this restaurant on the internet, and my cousin who is part of our dinner club said it was very nice. I know the rain limited what we could see of the buildings and grounds outside. There are actually 2 separate places to eat at this property: The Stable which is more casual pub fare, and The Stone House which is a bit more fine dining as well as pricier. We ate at The Stable.

The building is actually a stable that has been refurbished - right up to the rafters - to allow small groups of tables on the various levels ( there are quite a few stairs to manage) and in all sorts of nooks and crannies formed by the beams and alcoves.throughout. The bar is worth a visit, and if you're lucky the friendly barkeep may regale you with more of this place's history.

Now on to the food: Two of us had the Tenderloin Medallions and they were okay, but the portions were really quite small. The flavor was good, but I would have preferred to know that it was such a small entree. It really could have been presented as an appetizer! My third companion had the meatloaf which she said was very good. We had ordered 2 appetizers - onion strings and cheese curds and aside from being in need of a little more drainage prior to serving, both were crispy and hot. I ordered a Hot Fudge Sunday for dessert, and the three of us shared it; we also shared a bottle of wine with dinner as well. I believe our bill was around $75 and we split that 3 ways.

They run dinner specials every night, and the wait staff is pleasant and informed. if I do go back, I would want to do it on a crisp and sunny Autumn Day.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We ate in the stone house and had a fantastic dinner. Trout, stuffed mushrooms, squash soup...all delicious! Atmosphere in the house was quite and intimate...perfect.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We went to Quivey's Grove tonight - right next to our hotel. I loved the atmosphere in the stable, very rustic and cozy! The food was great, a nice menu, and even sandwiches if you wanted that. It was fish fry night, but I just didn't have room, so I opted for the meatloaf. That can be dicey in some places, but outstanding here. The red smashed potatoies were special. We also had potato soup with ham, very good. Excellent sourdough bread! Short wine list, but good value. A great experience!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I like the atmosphere, feels very relaxed. Food was delicious. They do great "smashed" potatoes. Our waitress was very friendly, cheese curds were fantastic. If I were spending more time in this area, I would definitely visit again. I had their Ice Cream Sundae for dessert and it was perfect.