“Lousy service, mediocre food.”

The Roman Candle Pizzaria
Ranked #20 of 53 Restaurants in Fitchburg
Cuisines: Pizza
Madison, WI
“Lousy service, mediocre food.”
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We had been wanting to try this restaurant in Fitchburg since it opened this Spring. We finally had the opportunity on the Sunday night of the Memorial Day weekend. I arrived with my wife and two family members at 6:00 PM. We were joined by two friends. We sat down and waited for our waitress. After several minutes she finally appeared and asked us what we wanted to drink. She took off and was gone for another several minutes. She brought our drinks at took off again. She did not ask if we were ready to order our food (we were). Finally at 6:40 PM she came back and asked us if we were ready to order. I stated we had been ready a long time. She didn't get it. After taking our order she disappeared again. At 7:10 PM she came out and stated that they were out of bow-tie noodles and asked what type of noodles we wanted in the Noodles and Parmesan. Are you serious? An hour and ten minutes after we were seated, thirty minutes after taking our order, they have not started cooking a part of our order! Finally our meal was served at 7:20 PM. A long wait for a mediocre meal. My son and I ordered the Meatball Sub Sandwich. I can honestly say that a meatball sub from Cousins or Subway would have been better (and half the cost). One friend had the Mac-N-Cheese. It was over-baked and dry. We stated that to the waitress when she came back again after another long disappearance. The waitresses response was "Ya, we've been having problems with that". That was it. There were only five other tables with people that we could see. There was no excuse for the lousy service, the long wait and the mediocre food. As we walked out we all vowed that was our first and last visit to Roman Candle.