“Girls weekend away”

Peninsula Park-View
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I booked this stay last minute before leaving for door county. Very happy that we found this place on the web site and stayed here. Very reasonably priced! Very clean! I've stayed at other cottages in the past, this was very impressive, no it wasn't the Hilton but was worth the price. Sheets smell like just off the line! Older place but does have updated things. Owner's very nice! And did I mention how quiet it was!! Sitting outside the cottage at night with a glass of wine on the swing was sooo relaxing!!
Thank You for such a great weekend! We will return in the future.
I'm sure if we needed room service it would be excellant, did not need. And as to the fitness I am putting very good for just hop on a bike and go!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
pparkview, Owner at Peninsula Park-View, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2016

Thank you for taking time to write a review. All reviews help us keep improving and we appreciate you nice comments. We work hard to have a clean lodging with many amenities and improvements.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is my go-to spot when visiting Door County. The owners are so friendly and helpful, the rooms are always extremely clean, there's a heated outdoor pool, and the location is excellent. Besides the motel, they also own several cottages on their property so you have many options. There's also a lodge with a pool table, microwave, fridge, etc. As for the bikes, they will check the tires and adjust the seats for you and they are kept in great condition. Best of all the price is right. Been staying here for years and have always enjoyed our stays.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Kara B

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We enjoyed meeting you! Reviews help us keep improving and we appreciate you comments. We work hard to have a clean lodging with many amenities and improvements.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I had never been to Door County and relied on Trip Advisor reviews to help us decide where to stay during our weekend visit. We chose the Peninsula Park-View and were very pleased with the whole experience. The rooms are motel-style, so they are single rooms all next to each other around the main office building. Our room was very clean; the shower had great hot water and pressure; and the a/c worked well. We didn't spend much time in our room, but it was perfect for us as our base in Door County. Situated between Fish Creek and Ephraim, two charming towns, it was simple to check out several towns and even easier to head to Peninsula State Park, since there is an entrance literally directly across from this hotel. The owners were so attentive to our needs and couldn't have been nicer. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a quaint stay in Door County.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dana T

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We enjoyed meeting you, Dana! We appreciate you comments because we work hard to have a clean lodging with many amenities and improvements.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Pros: Good coffee, nice owner, free bikes,
Cons: Very uncomfortable bed, no screen on window, very bright lights outside of every door, no curtain on door window to block light, not enuf towels for 3 guests, hard to find someone if you needed something, the office was hardly ever open, cheap toilet seat...slid around every time you sat on it. Very outdated...they call it quaint?!? Was told on the phone that the rms r all very clean...dead bugs in every window sill. Even if they just sprayed they should have cleaned them up. Mold on bathroom door. Very musty and damp. But the very worst thing ever was the constant stench of sewer! Spoke w/owner he was receptive to my plea but did not offer any refund or compensation for our miserable stay there. $130 per day!!! Cedar Court has excellent rms for $99 day & r beautiful compared to this. Sadly they were booked. Overall very uncomfortable stay, hard to sleep, will never go back. They demand the money upfront and refuse any refund. She was adamant about that when we booked....I should have realized. I know that she will rebut this but everything I said here is true.

• Stayed: August 2013
pparkview, Owner at Peninsula Park-View, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2016

This appears to be an ad for a different local lodging. I do not know who this is, but this person did not speak to us and this would NOT have been acceptable to us because we work very hard and pay a lot for outstanding staff. I am very sad that if this person actually stayed with us, they had a bad experience and did not tell us about their concerns. No rooms are $130 per day, even in the prime season and I do not think the motel she mentions has the extra amenities, so it is difficult to compare. I am so sorry.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I asked to reserve two rooms for one night and they explained that the rooms are usually a two night minimum on the weekend but they would reserve them as non-refundable. I called back the next day because of concerns about the accessibility of the room for my 84 year old mother. We discussed that the reservation was non-refundable but they thought they could get the rooms filled because it was a busy weekend. She also explained that her husband shouldn't have given me the room for only one night. I called back 5 min later after I decided to keep the reservation and said clearly "I want the rooms."

I just got a call from the hotel the day before my travel saying they cancelled the rooms and rented them out to other people! They said they called me three times but couldn't reach me. However, they didn't leave any messages on my cell phone. They didn't charge me anything but now I have no place to stay on a busy weekend. Don't count on your reservation here. I think they wanted to rent the rooms for two nights.

It may be a very nice place but make sure your communications are clear.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

This person called and said the room would not work for him and was upset that a one night was non refundable. Because it was not suitable for his mother, I cancelled it for him in spite of the policy. It was booked on line before he called back after changing his mind. I am not sure why this confused him. I was trying to help by waiving the policy for what seemed to be a good reason.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good location, friendly owners, clean room and a comfortable bed. If you are looking for a place with 'no frills', this place for you. The complimentary bikes are a nice incentive.
The rooms are small and could use an update from the 1950's style.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a cute little motel with a great location (across from Peninsula State Park). They have a nice outdoor pool, free bike rentals and a rec room with ping-pong table, kitchen and free video rentals. Plus they have a photo studio on-site if you want your photos deleloped right away. The room was clean and well organized, with a kitchen and sitting area.

Room Tip: Go online and review the room pics. They have photos of all the rooms.