We recently reserved a room at the Thorp House Inn for two evenings-the only two we could get away from Chicago. We were surprised to receive a call one night asking us to switch rooms; the innkeepers wanted to accommodate other guests who planned on staying four nights and requested the room we had already reserved. After promising to look one last time at the website, I called the next day to say that we were sorry but we wanted the room we had already reserved. Mr. Falck-Petersen said that he would honor our request. We received a subsequent confirmation in the mail noting that we were in the room we had asked for. Upon arrival and with no advance notice whatsoever, we were told by their assistant that we had been "upgraded" to a more expensive room. The room was lovely but the "upgrade" ignored the fact that we had asked for--and been promised in writing--another room. We didn't want this room. We were bumped anyway. When we asked whether the innkeepers would be around the next day to discuss the issue, we were assured they would. They never showed up at the B&B during our two days. When we returned to Chicago, we wrote a lengthy e-mail expressing our disappointment and annoyance. We never received the courtesy of a reply.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 100 years, Thorp House Inn & Cottages has welcomed visitors to the charming village of Fish Creek. The five unique guest rooms in the Inn offer the authentic ambiance of a bygone era amidst the spectacular natural beauty of the Door County peninsula. Whirlpools and fireplaces are available. The Cottages at Thorp House Inn have a charm and following all of their own. They are just what you had in mind... cozy and private... nestled in the pines... close to the beach... in the heart of the village. Walk to shops, restaurants, Peninsula State Park and much more. Each cottage is decorated in country antiques and has its own unique character. Most have fireplaces and some have whirlpools. Both the Inn and Cottages are open year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Thorp House Inn and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Hotel Fish Creek
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Fish Creek, WI - Door County