“An Odd Mix”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Sonny's is part pizzeria, part bar, and part live music venue. It tends to be more bar-centric than any of the other elements. This would be a good place to go to have a few drinks, order some food when you get hungry, and enjoy live bands. If one is looking for a more formal sit-down pizzeria, Sonny's probably should not be your first choice. This odd mix of characteristics is probably why there have been some less-than-stellar reviews. In some respects, the pizza aspect of the business seems to be a secondary priority. Even so, the pizza is quite good and worth a try if you've never had their pies.

1  Thank 30-40Psyco

Reviewed July 14, 2012

After reading all the reviews, I was quite hesitant to come here, but since it was a Friday night, and every place was packed with long waits, my group decided to take our chances. It does look a little 'seedy'. However, the wait staff was good and attentive. I ordered the special Mediterranean pasta which was very tasty. Another person had lasagna and said it was very good. The drinks- a mojito and a wine spritzer were given 2 thumbs up. I wouldn't come here for a fancy dinner, but if you're hungry and you take some care in your order (look for the recommended specials) ... you can have a decent meal.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I would honestly give this place NO STARS!!!! The service was aweful, was over priced and subpar! A complete disappointment. My daughter had small flies floating in her beverage, we weren't given eating utensil, the ketchup brought out with our food was empty, the food was cold and tasteless (unless greasy is a taste you are looking for!), and to top it off.....our family of 6 (2 adults and 4 small children) was billed gratuity for being a party of 6+ giving the waitress and $11 tip! I could not believe it! Our Door County experience was fantastic until we visited this dive! Never again!!!! It should be condemned. Save your money and eat anywhere but there!!!!!

1  Thank ENJK
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Nothing that these guys say they do is true. There is no hand tossing, no wood fired anything, and I saw the kitchen staff chasing "something" around the kitchen yelling don't let it get in the dinning room! The smell that came out of the place smelled like raw sewage! Then half the ingredients on my pizza definitely were not fresh, The green peppers I swear were rotten and they put them on the pizza any way. The owner was not very cooperative in trying to make things better, all my family heard was screaming and arguing from him and his staff. WORST PIZZA PLACE EVER!

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stopped in to order a pizza-to-go, but ended up staying and having a few drinks. The bartender, Cindy, was really great. She didn't make fun of us (tourists) like some of the other locals did. (They always laughed at us when we started asking the "typical tourist" questions) Pizza wasn't the greatest (it was cold by the time we left), but wouldv'e like to try some other italian menu items. We came back the next two nights, to have a couple drinks before heading back to our hotel room. The owner Sonny was really nice and down to earth too. We will definately be back next fall.