“Overrated”

Alexander's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 32 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I made reservations at Alexander's for my husband and I when we stayed in Door County recently. We were only staying for two nights so we wanted to go somewhere casual on the first night and then somewhere more upscale on the second night. To me, it was really overrated. Our server was attentive, but the restaurant was only about 25% full, so who knows how thorough he would have been had the place been more crowded. We ordered a shrimp tempura appetizer and got something completely different (marinated shrimp cocktail that wasn't even on the menu). We each got pasta dishes for our entrees, and mine was tasty but nothing to write home about. The atmosphere was average and the decor a bit cheap looking. We ended up paying around $100 for a meal that we could have had for half the price somewhere else. Normally I like to visit a place a couple of times so that I can order a couple different things and get a feel for the food, but considering the price I definitely would not go back.

• Visited November 2012

New Lenox, Illinois
“Good Restaurant to eat at.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The main reason why we decided to eat here was we received a coupon from the place we were staying at. We were not sure how good the restaurant was. We were surprised how good the food was. We were glad we decided to come here. We would come back again to eat here.

• Visited October 2012
Sutton, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sutton hits Door County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Without a doubt one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. The food was spectacular. Our server was extremely friendly. There were 11 guests in our group and everyone left full and very satisfied.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Stacey S
cary il
“The Best Restaraunt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My family and I have gone to restaurants all over the country and think Alexander's is by far the best restaurant. The food is incredible and the service outstanding. Bruce and his staff treat everyone like family and they really care about making the customer have the best dinner experience. My kids are very picky when it comes to food but at Alexander's they love the food and usually know what they want to order prior to us even arriving there.

My husband and I are planning on going to Door County this weekend and can't wait to go out to eat at Alexander's!!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank holly w
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & accomadated everything we had asked for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had been going to Alexanders for a number of years with another couple. There anniversary is on the same day as ours. We used to go to a different restaurants every year but all of us decided that we always had a great time and the evening was enjoyable at Alexanders . This last week we had our youngest grandaughter and had tickets for the Milwaukee symphony at DCA . We wanted to eat at Alexanders but we had a 6year old that wanted a grilled cheeze, I called them and said that I know you don't have grilled cheese on the menu but could you make one for Vika. Sure he said and when we got there that evening he came out and asked her if she was the girl that would like a grilled cheese and her eyes lit up like she was in heaven. Thanks to the owner and staff for going out of your way. PS dinner was great. Richard &Patty

• Visited October 2012