“Sutton hits Door County”

Alexander's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Without a doubt one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. The food was spectacular. Our server was extremely friendly. There were 11 guests in our group and everyone left full and very satisfied.

1  Thank Stacey S

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My family and I have gone to restaurants all over the country and think Alexander's is by far the best restaurant. The food is incredible and the service outstanding. Bruce and his staff treat everyone like family and they really care about making the customer have the best dinner experience. My kids are very picky when it comes to food but at Alexander's they love the food and usually know what they want to order prior to us even arriving there.

My husband and I are planning on going to Door County this weekend and can't wait to go out to eat at Alexander's!!!

1  Thank holly w
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had been going to Alexanders for a number of years with another couple. There anniversary is on the same day as ours. We used to go to a different restaurants every year but all of us decided that we always had a great time and the evening was enjoyable at Alexanders . This last week we had our youngest grandaughter and had tickets for the Milwaukee symphony at DCA . We wanted to eat at Alexanders but we had a 6year old that wanted a grilled cheeze, I called them and said that I know you don't have grilled cheese on the menu but could you make one for Vika. Sure he said and when we got there that evening he came out and asked her if she was the girl that would like a grilled cheese and her eyes lit up like she was in heaven. Thanks to the owner and staff for going out of your way. PS dinner was great. Richard &Patty

1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place was suggested to us by a friend. Unfortunately, I not sure why.
The staff was not friendly and is it that hard to smile? We waited almost 10 minutes for our drinks and over 40 minutes for our food. The server seemed not to care. When the food came, it was luke warm and my steak was overcooked. She did not come back to check on us until I was half way through my meal.
Will not bother going back.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had asked around for a nicer type restaurant and this one was recommended. We got in at 7:30 and ordered. Food came within 30 minutes--place not very busy. My filet was lukewarm and husband's fish was very hot. Nice big portion but when he turned it over it was scorched on the bottom. I sent back the filet to the kitchen and it returned a bit overdone (of course) on the edges. Flavor was good but then it was more done than I had ordered it. When the waitress was told about the fish--she said "yes sometimes the skin does stick when being cooked". Huh? Was this the first fish the kitchen ever cooked ? We wouldn't bother going back.