“Average breakfast”

Pelletier's Restaurant & Fish Boil
Ranked #12 of 34 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Had breakfast on a Saturday, mid-morning. Walked in with no wait (hour wait at White Gull Inn down the street).

Waiter was friendly, prompt, and attentive.

Food was average - had pancakes, eggs, toasted bagel w/cream cheese.

1  Thank RelaxedBadgerFan

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was only our second fish boil (the first was over 13 years ago). Several people told us they were disappointed at Fish Boils in Door County this summer so I did a little research before our visit and we decided on Pelletier's. That was a good choice! The restaurant is very nice. Glad I did research and made reservations ahead of time (I called the day before) as they really do book up fast. I also saw several reviews complaining about bones in the fish .... well you are eating fresh fish. We expected the bones and had little difficulty removing them. The fish, potato and onion were cooked perfectly.. The buttery sauce was good too. Several people commented that the cherry pie was not good. We enjoyed and took some back with us and had it the next day. Overall a very fun experience! We enjoyed the fish boil .... And will be back!
The cost the dinner with 2 pieces of fish was $18 ... but a little less if you had 1 piece. Lots of other choices for those that don't want fish ... ribs, hamburgers, etc.

2  Thank Diane P
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Fish boil was awesome! I wasn't a huge fan of the actual fish. But I am not a big fish eater to begin with but my husband is. He loved the fish and it is a great value. You get fish, potatoes, bread, coleslaw, pie and beverages all for $18. Also you get to watch your food being cooked! It is like a dinner and a show!

2  Thank Tabatha O
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I've tried at least three different fish boils in Door County, and Pelletier's is by far the best. Arrive at least 1/2 hour before your reservation, get a drink at the bar and head out back to watch the fish boil. It is very entertaining, and these cooks are masters. The fish and potatoes are wonderful. Service is good, as well. They also have a generous menu of none fish dishes for those in your party who prefer to avoid the seafood.

1  Thank Curt K
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to experience a fish boil, but there are so many places that do it up here and have great reviews. Many people spoke highly of this place, so we decided to check it out. They do fish boils every 1/2 hr starting at 4:30 daily. Reservations are made for when you will eat, then be there 1/2 hr before that time for the show. When I called to make reservations, I was put on "hold". As in, they set the phone down, and I it was very noisy. The first time I called, I hung up after waiting for 5 minutes listening to orders being taken and loud talking. The next time I called it was the same, but I didn't wait as long. This place needs a way to put you on hold that is quiet. When we got to the restaurant I found the hostess to be a bit rude. Anyways, if you really don't like fish, then come anyways. The "show" and experience is worth it. They tell the history behind it, and he explains what he is doing along the way. The fish, potatoes & cole slaw is very good. The cherry pie had good filling, but the crust was kinda hard instead of soft and flaky. We sat outside, and our waitress was very inattentive. In fact the other waiter took away our plates and asked us if we needed anything else. I don't know if we were neglected because we were outside or if that is just how the waitress is. Overall, it was a good experience, and I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to experience a fish boil for the first time.

2  Thank JenniferK549