“Fish Boil”

Pelletier's Restaurant & Fish Boil
Ranked #11 of 34 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We are from the south and had never heard of a fish boil but thought it was something we should try once. It was quite different than anything we had seen before, the cook or fish boiler was very entertaining and explained the history of fish boiling. The entire process was entertaining. The boil over took us by surprise and it was like the grand finale. The meal was good.
I would recommend going once or take guest that had never been to a fish boil before.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Fish boils are not really worth all the hype I think. The taste of the fish is mediocre. My wife's chicken seemed dry and had possibly been frozen rather than fresh. I was disappointed that we couldn't sit down and then mull over a menu for a while. Instead we had to quickly decide what we wanted at the bar before sitting down. Others had to do likewise, which meant that we had to wait for others to make up their minds with the menu before we could look at the menu and then order, before being seated. The bartender woman who took our order was also rather patronising. An ok place, but there is much better available in Fish Creek.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We not only ate breakfast at Pelletier's, we came back for the Fish Boil! The food is amazing, home-made and hearty, and the service is even better. We felt like part of the Pelletier family, as the owner gave us the history of the Wisconsin Fish Boil.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had never been to a fish boil, even though we've been to Door County many times, so we thought we'd try one. We bought our tickets -- yes, you buy tickets instead of ordering like you would at a restaurant -- and then went out back to watch them cook the fish. They explained what they were doing, lit it on fire, rang the bell and then told us to go find a seat, as in sit down anywhere you can find a seat. We were then served cafeteria-looking plates with two pieces of fish, two potatoes and one onion. The fish had the skin on it and the bones in it. It was bland and not at all what I expected. I have no idea if this is just what the food at all fish boils tastes like or if this food was just particularly bad. I thought the process, service and cafeteria-like feel was just as bad as the food.

I would walk around the back of this restaurant to see the fish-cooking "show" and then go eat a good dinner at a different restaurant.

2  Thank momtotwingirls
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This restaurant opens at 7:30 a.m. and has an early breakfast special. I would recommend a traditional breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast). Their scrambled eggs are really well made. The cherry pancakes were ok- just too much food. The service was good and I really liked the pot of coffee we could refill ourselves!