“Try something new”
Review of White Gull Inn

White Gull Inn
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award-winning restaurant open to the public. Winner of Good Morning America's Best Breakfast Award. Sumptuous lunches, candlelight dinners and famous for traditional Door County whitefish boils. Open all year.
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
“Try something new”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We went to the White Gull Inn for Brunch. It's a beautiful Bed and Breakfast/Restaurant and the food was ok except for the Stuffed French Toast. Though rich, it was wonderful and a must try if you like French Toast.

• Visited July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Five marvelous nights.”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

A very delightful place. Upon check in we could see that it is a very busy place, but we were treated well and they took as much time as we needed to ask questions. We were shown our room and given more details. We had Room 7 which is in the newest building and overlooks the rear patio. We thought it might get noisy during the fish boil or meal times but we surprisingly it was very pleasant. The room was great, couch, chairs, only a double or maybe it was a queen which is odd as they had room for a king. Good air conditioning maybe a little loud and it started and stopped much to often, probably needs adjusting. Breakfast was included in our stay and you are given a coupon which you turn in with your bill and there is no charge. You can order anything you want off the menu. The breakfast gets VERY busy so they told us to call down about a half an hour before we expected to arrive for breakfast. I wasn't sure how it would work but was pleasantly surprised, we had no longer than a five minute wait for all of our five breakfast, most times we were seated in a minute. The food was very good. I wouldn't say that it is the "Best in America" but we were not disappointed in the service or the food. We certainly did not want to go anywhere else for breakfast. We attended one fish boil and it was the only one so I could not compare it to others in the area. It was again very nice. The location was great, a little off the main area, though people do walk by going to see the sunset at the beach, but it never bothered us. I thought we might have an issue parking but we always found a place near our room. We stayed five nights so we got a good feel and we would love to stay again and stay longer. There are many towns and places to visit around Door County.
All the staff were friendly but then everyone in Door County is friendly. They only thing I can say was missing was bell service, although I would guess they would take care of it, if we asked, but they should offer.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Michaeli01
Granbury, Texas
“Very Pleased!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We were looking for a place to have lunch and lucked upon the White Gull. I had the Red Pepper Bisque with a Turkey Rueben and my husband had breakfast, ( eggs, hash and their homemade toast and it all was too die for!!!! We set outside surrounded by flowers and small cottages. I highly recommend for a great breakfast or lunch.

• Visited August 2014
St. Louis, MO
“Good but crowded and noisy”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I attended a Fish Boil and returned for breakfast. The food was good each time, but the tables are very close and the noise level is pretty high. Ambience in the dining room is lacking. We found better choices for both dinner and breakfast in Fish Creek.

Visited July 2014
“Overrated”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We chose this eatery due to its high rating, but I was dissappointed. My wife and son had the Cherry Stuffed French Toast. They were merely stuffed w/cherry flavored cream cheese. I had Eggs Benedict: I've had better @ Denny's. The restaurant has terrible acoustics. It gets very loud with only routine table conversations. I hear poorly in a crowd which made it miserable for me. The prices were competitive with other places in town, so I will take my business elsewhere.