“Fish Boil”
Review of White Gull Inn

White Gull Inn
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Award-winning restaurant open to the public. Winner of Good Morning America's Best Breakfast Award. Sumptuous lunches, candlelight dinners and famous for traditional Door County whitefish boils. Open all year.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had 6PM reservations but based on the advise of others we arrived early. Glad we did, we had a front row seat for the activities. We say on the patio and enjoyed a drink while watching the boil. The patio quickly became crowded so if you have never been and want to hear the explanation go early.

Once the boil is over you go to your assigned table , the stand in line for your food. I was hesitant but the line moved wiickly and the food was great. Your meal includes a slice of cherry pie ( of course) .

3  Thank VofMadison

Reviewed June 28, 2014

The White Gull Inn serves breakfast until 2:00pm. This was great since we were at the state park camping and allowed us to wait till later to still get breakfast. Even getting there at almost 11:30 we were seated in about 10 minutes. The omelet was fluffy and filling. My wife had the filled French toast, so I get some of that too, since she couldn't finish even the half portion that she ordered. The server was friendly and prompt.

2  Thank albert39l
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The White Gull Inn was rated one of the best breakfast spots in America by GMA a few years ago which, if nothing else, ensures that the wait to be seated can be up to an hour or more during the busy season. I've eaten here several times and the food is good but there are other equally good breakfast spots in Door County that are less crowded. If you are going for the experience of dining at a charming historic inn it may be worth the wait for you, but otherwise I recommend trying the Summertime or the Cookery both of which are also in Fish Creek.

1  Thank fmrtaitai
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Best french toast I've ever had. And the Eggs Bennie didn't disappoint either. Very cute and historic inn. Will come back for more!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

From the charming atmosphere, to the delicious food, you can't go wrong! They have the best breakfast in Door County. The cherry coffee cake alone is to die for!! On my latest visit here, I tried a fish boil for the first time. It was wonderful! I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!