“One of the best breakfasts I've had...”
Review of White Gull Inn

White Gull Inn
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award-winning restaurant open to the public. Winner of Good Morning America's Best Breakfast Award. Sumptuous lunches, candlelight dinners and famous for traditional Door County whitefish boils. Open all year.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were in Door County for an event, and had been advised that the White Gull Inn was a great choice for a breakfast. We tried it on a nice day in July, so the wait (45 minutes) was no issue. We strolled down to the water (about 2 blocks away) and strolled back and our table was ready (25-ish minutes). We had a party of 5, and I tried the cherry stuffed French toast... and wow. I'm not a huge fan of french toast in general - but this didn't even need any butter or syrup - spectacular on it's own.

Everything else was very good as well; including the service. We would definitely eat here again and strongly recommend a visit for breakfast while in the area.

2  Thank WisconsinHD
Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great food you won't find in most places. Staff was great, and the building itself was very interesting to look at. Cost is a little more than average, but definitely worth it.

1  Thank Max H
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was the first Fish Boil we had ever been to. The quality of the food was excellent. What was also nice was that this was an all you could eat fish boil.

1  Thank ML1702
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My family and I recently traveled to Fish Creek, Wisconsin specifically to eat breakfast at the White Gull Inn. We were not disappointed! My wife wanted to have the cherry and cream cheese stuffed French toast. This breakfast was voted as #1 in the USA by Good Morning America! My wife, as well as myself and our two children thoroughly enjoyed our meals and experience.

If you go at a time when they are at or near capacity you will have a bit of a wait. There is an outside seating area where you can have coffee and sit in a very comfortable atmosphere. If you choose to stay inside to wait, ours was 25 minutes, you also are in a very relaxed and comfortable area.

We will definitely return for a family meal in the future. We loved the breakfast and plan to visit for another meal of the day!

When you go, and this is not a drawback, you will spend a bit more than at a chain or mom and pop breakfast/lunch/supper establishment. Our bill totaled $54.00 for the four of us and I believe we got more than our monies worth!

1  Thank YooperCheeseHead
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I throughly enjoyed the fish boil. When we made our reservations for dinner we were told by the inn employees to arrive 30 minutes prior to the reservation in order to see the cook boil the white fish. The cooking took place outside of the restaurant. The cook put water in a cauldron and started a wood fire below it. Next the cook poured the fish fillets into the cauldron to cook. Just before the the process was completed, the cook poured kerosene onto to fire inorder get the water to boil over the sides of the cauldron. The purpose of this was for the the fish oil and salt to be boiled away with some of the water. The fish was done at this time and we followed the cook into the restaurant for dinner. Potatoes and salid was served along with the fish. The fish was the best that my wife and my wife had ever had. Topping off the there was cherry pie alamo. It was a very enjoy dinner. The prepreation of the dinner was an event by itself.

2  Thank travelingfriends63