“Great Stop for a Delicious Breakfast”
Review of White Gull Inn

White Gull Inn
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Award-winning restaurant open to the public. Winner of Good Morning America's Best Breakfast Award. Sumptuous lunches, candlelight dinners and famous for traditional Door County whitefish boils. Open all year.
Green Bay
“Great Stop for a Delicious Breakfast”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This breakfast destination was chosen by my sisters as a favorite stop. Having not been there before, I looked forward to a delicious breakfast, and I wasn't disappointed. My sister loved her favorite Cherry-Stuffed French toast, and my Nice-Guy Hash (with two eggs) was absolutely delicious (with coffee, my breakfast came to $12). I should mention that our waitress's demeanor didn't fit with the warmth and homey-feel of this charming venue. At 10am, it seemed like she was just waiting for her shift to be over; she just wasn't very friendly. Fortunately, the rest of the atmosphere was very nice; it was clear that someone put effort into decorating in a style that adds to the charm. There are also plenty of friendly staff who clearly appreciated our business. Although it's the dead of winter (and still far from tourist season), the White Gull Inn was open and a warm

Incidentally, my Swedish ancestors are likely rolling in their graves, but I didn't like my first choice of toast--Swedish Limpa and just couldn't eat it; I'm not a fan of caraway seeds and could clearly taste them, even though I couldn't see any.

• Visited January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Wind Lake Wisconsin
“We love it!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I went for a short getaway trip to Door County just after Christmas. Both days we were up there she insisted on going to the White Gull Inn for breakfast. We've eaten there many times and it has always been great. Not only did she want to eat there both mornings, she had the SAME THING both days, their signature Stuffed French Toast. She got a half order with bacon and savored every mouthful. I had my usual Eggs Benedict with hashbrowns. Terrific! Food, service, atmosphere, everything you would expect from Door County. We will be back many moire times!

• Visited December 2012
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Romantic Dinner”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I ate dinner on Jan 19th, 2013 and it was amazing. The prices were decent for the excellent food we had. The service we had was excellent. We are looking foward to return to Door County and this time we will be staying here for a few nights.

• Visited January 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Lovely dining experience”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had dinner at White Gull Inn. From the menu. Excellent food and service. Prices reasonable for quality received. Booked a day ahead. Could not get into fish boil. Breakfast wait was daunting but dinner in the main dining room was excellent. Don't miss an opportunity to dine there for a fine meal.

• Visited July 2012
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, United States
“Boasted Best Breakfast in America Does Not Disappoint”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Their cherry stuffed french toast is a breakfast must in Door County. I've been there quite a few times and had different items off their menu also. Their salads have always been fresh and crisp and they have pretty good sandwiches too.

Visited July 2012